**This position is based in Austin, TX**
Who you are: Do you lie awake wondering what makes folks pick an Android phone over an iPhone? A Mac over a PC? Bing over Google? Are you a detail-obsessed analytical thinker who’s not afraid to ask tough questions and answer them with hard numbers? Do you love crunching numbers and transforming them into a compelling story to tell the world?
Spiceworks just might have your dream job! We’re looking for a Research Manager to join the Spiceworks research team to oversee all phases of custom quantitative and qualitative research from design through to delivery. Think you’re up for the task? It’s time to apply!
Who we are: Launched in 2006, Spiceworks is an Austin-based company that’s shaking up the tech space and transforming how products (hardware, software, and IT services) are marketed and sold to millions of IT professionals around the world. Thousands of tech brands (including Microsoft, Dell, HP, and Rackspace) use Spiceworks to reach and connect with these IT pros. Historically a tough market to reach, vendors love the unique ways Spiceworks helps them connect with this elusive market… so much so that Forbes touted us “the future of media.”Responsibilities
Your day-to-day (as a Research Manager, you’ll):
- Execute custom quantitative and qualitative market research for Spiceworks customers, with a special focus on conducting research that will help drive content marketing efforts (white papers, infographics, etc.)
- Design custom research projects with the end goal in mind: What story will the data tell? Which metrics will IT pros find interesting or useful? What types of data will position tech brands as thought leaders in the market?
- Lead all phases of research projects, including questionnaire and discussion guide design, survey programming and testing, field management, data processing, data interpretation and graphical reporting
- Work collaboratively with Spiceworks writers and graphic designers to develop a compelling research approach and transform that into marketing assets for tech brands
- Work hard, have fun, stay calm, and get stuff done in an ultra fast-paced environment
What does it take to do this job?
- 5-7 years of quantitative and qualitative market research experience, preferably focused on technology
- Inside-out understanding of market research: Sampling, survey development, data analysis and writing reports of research findings are second nature to you
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to dissect data to tell a compelling story
- Experience overseeing the creation of whitepapers, infographics, and presentations using data as the key component
- Stellar interpersonal skills and a proven ability to work successfully with management, internal teams, and customers to great result
- A strong understanding of technology and IT
- Out-of-this-world project management skills: You multi-task and complete complex projects flawlessly and under tight deadlines
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint