HotSchedules was founded in Austin, Texas in the late 90’s by two restaurant guys who thought that managing and working for a restaurant ought to be easier. They decided to tackle one problem in particular: old-school scheduling practices. When one of them was asked to build a Website for a college project, he saw an opportunity to put an end to the persistent paper-schedules and back-and-forth phone calls. He developed a site that let employees log-on and view their schedule from their computers. It was a huge hit and a company was born.
Today, HotSchedules provides the most loved, followed and used employee scheduling and labor management solution in the restaurant industry. Over the years, we’ve proudly earned the trust of more than 1.2 million managers, owners, operators, servers, line cooks, bussers and bartenders. Our employee scheduling software is used by companies of all shapes and sizes, from huge franchise operations down to independent mom and pops and pretty much everyone in between.
Responsibility as a Senior Contracts Negotiator/Transactions Manager:
The preferred candidate will be an experienced contracts negotiator and administrator responsible for overall contract management and administration of all types of agreements in support of a high growth SaaS company. Reporting to the General Counsel, this role will work directly with and be the first point of contact with company sales teams driving the company’s revenue transactions. This role requires sound business judgement, ability to comfortably work with a driven sales teams and negotiate terms with prospective customers, partners, vendors and other entities doing business for and with HotSchedules. In addition, this role requires a highly organized person to help set-up, design and maintain a contracts system/database. Reviewing RFP provisions, contract renewals, interpreting contract terms and conditions and developing negotiation strategies and play-books are also attributes for this role.
The ideal candidate will have strong organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills as well as prior experience working for a SaaS, Software or technology based company.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Strong contract drafting and negotiation skills with experience advising business partners on corporate transactions
- SaaS/Software/Services commercial transactions
- NDA/RFP review/responses
- Inbound and Vendor purchasing agreements (software, services, hardware agreements, and others)
- Independent contractor agreements (recruiters, developers, and other resource providers)
- Ability to work remotely in a distributed environment
- Marketing agreements (media, hotel and event agreements)
- Engaging directly in negotiations with customers and partners
- Contracts system and database creation and maintenance
- 8+ years prior experience in similar role(s) that include the desired skills and experience outlined above
- Exceptional communication skills; verbal and written
- Ability to work autonomously and independently
- Highly motivated, self‐driven, conscientious individual who is detailed and highly organized
- Ability to work directly with sales and sales management and negotiate directly with prospective customers
- Ability to work for a change oriented environment, make effective decisions in a fast paced environment
- Austin, TX or Atlanta, GA based.
- Some but minimal travel may be required