Associate Creative Director
The Associate Creative Director must be a champion and evangelist of user-centered design and be experienced at making it a company-wide initiative. This individual is a trendsetter, not trend watcher, and can ensure the highest quality user experience for uShip customers. Also, as we grow, this role will be responsible for partnering with the leadership team to determine how best to grow the practice and team at uShip.
This position is located at uShip's corporate headquarters in Austin, TX .
- Establish the tone and style for visual explorations
- Establish system level architectures, patterns, and workflows across platforms. Ensure the uShip design language system is being applied appropriately.
- Manage day-to-day operations of the Experience team and provide project oversight, including establishing priorities and ensuring project goals are achieved
- Oversee simultaneous projects from inception to completion, including establishing project plans and participating in design reviews
- Demonstrate strategic thinking skills and business acumen by contributing to and serving as a thought leader for product vision projects for the Experience team
- Challenge the team to deliver their best work by evaluating tools and methods and making recommendations for improvement
- Provide career guidance and management for direct reports
- Support the creative recruiting process
- Bachelor's degree in Human Computer Interaction, Information Design, Graphic Design, or a related design or behavioral science discipline
- At least two years of experience managing designers
- At least seven years of professional digital design experience that encompasses product design, e-commerce applications, and responsive web design
- Strong leadership and people management skills, with the ability to mentor and develop skills in junior designers
- In-depth knowledge of a user-centered design process and project management
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills, including the ability to communicate effectively in small and large groups at all levels of an organization
Why work at uShip?Who says work can’t be fun? Not us. Not only is uShip the world’s largest online shipping market place, we’ve also got a few tricks up our sleeves to make sure our employees want to come to work every day. We know that shipping doesn’t always sound that amazing on paper, so we though a little Q&A session would help you realize you WANT to join the online shipping revolution:
Q: Can I get 100% paid employee medical/dental/life insurance? A: Done!
Q: What about 401(k) matching from day1? A: Yep!
Q: How about ability to acquire pre-IPO stock options? A: Your wish is our command!
Q: I want a companywide team building event every first Friday of the month. A: Look no further!
Q: What about free breakfast and lunch? A: Not only do you get that, we’ll 1 up you. How about having that food cooked for you by our in-house chef?
Q: Can I bring my dog to work? A: You bet!
Q: How about the ability for senior mentorship, accessibility to the executive team, and cross-departmental projects? A: Check! Check!! and CHECK!!!
Since launching uShip in 2004, our mission has been to be the world’s leading online solution for shipping anything, anytime, anywhere. We are passionate about empowering buyers and providers of transportation services to efficiently conduct business on an unbiased, transparent and competitive platform.