Computer Science Internship
Computer Science Internship
OutboundEngine is looking to hire a Computer Science Intern to join our stellar Engineering team. If you are interested in joining a fast growing startup, enjoying a celebratory and positive work culture with the opportunity to potentially join our team as a permanent employee – we want to meet you!
OutboundEngine is one of the fastest growing tech startup companies in the nation, ranked number 95th by Inc. We are based out of Austin, TX where we have been voted “Top Ten Places to Work” four years in a row by the Austin Business Journal. OutboundEngine has helped over 10,000 small business owners market themselves by doing it for them. We create original content for our clients, automate their email campaigns, update their social media profiles, and ultimately help them drive repeat and referral business as well as new business.
We would like to have this internship start within the next month. All eligible candidates must be able to start this position before end of year to be considered.
What You’ll Do:
Based on level of education and experience you will be expected to start out doing automated & manual testing with our QA team, then grow your responsibilities from there.
- Automated Testing
- Manual Testing
- Writing and Updating Test Plans
- Bug Fixes
- Write Production Code
- Support other engineers in various ways
What’s in it for you:
- Paid Internship: Dependent on year and experience level
- Opportunity to learn, and grow your skills and experience with a top notch engineering group
- Opportunity to prove yourself and potentially convert to a full time employee
- Paid downtown parking garage or bus pass
- Fully stocked kitchen, weekly paid lunches
- Company paid/sponsored monthly events including monthly happy hours
- Casual dress and music rocking all day
- An awesome work environment and culture
- Beautiful downtown Austin office location with a fantastic view!
- Voted Best Places to Work in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
What you should have:
- Positive attitude, killer work ethic, and be highly self-motivated
- Ability to take initiative and solve problems with minimal oversight
- Detail oriented and a “think outside the box” mentality
- Freshman / Sophomore / Junior / Senior Status or recent Graduate at an Accredited University preferred
- Willingness to embrace change, growth, and the fun of a start-up environment
- Knowledge of Java programming with the ability to demonstrate
- Knowledge of SQL, Python, Selenium (or similar test automation software/language) are a plus
(Would also consider if you are more familiar with Python and know a little Java)
* To be considered for an Intern position you must be located in Austin, TX and be a current student or graduated within the last year.