Appeals Team Lead at Invitae
SCHEDULE: Mon - Fri, traditional PST hours
Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry, by making clinical-grade genetic information affordable and accessible to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
Our team is expanding rapidly, and we are looking for people who are passionate about helping improve healthcare.
Invitae is expanding our Billing team in the Irvine area. This team is responsible for maximizing revenue for the company. The Billing team interacts with health insurers to secure coverage and reimbursement for our patients. As an operational team in a fast-paced environment, we are constantly looking for ways to improve processes and workflows, while maintaining and improving revenue.
We are seeking to add an Appeals Team Lead to our Billing team with experience with overseeing the appeals and reimbursement processes. We are looking for an energetic individual who is self-motivated and demonstrates initiative in a highly collaborative and team oriented environment.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the Appeals and Reimbursement functional area
- Identify issues, trends and suggest potential improvements
- Collaborate with the team to develop best practices to ensure we are providing the best service and experience for all customers
- Manages and maintains quality assurance across the billing department
- Effectively communicates and resolves billing issues through team collaboration
- Provides support and feedback to ensure continued success in insurance collections
- Team building, implementing and executing processes development where needed
- Coordination of hiring, training and coaching of staff
- Participate in projects that extend beyond your day-to-day to stretch you to think outside the box
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational abilities
- Dependable professional with excellent interpersonal skills
- Drive success while working under pressure
- Have high energy, be a self-starter, a great teammate and ready to roll up your sleeves to get things done
- Be flexible and adaptable with a drive to go above and beyond
- Effective problem-solving in a dynamic, fast paced, team-based and rapidly changing environment
- Proven track record for improving workflow, appeals success and fulfillment of departmental objectives
- Outstanding communication skills
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate
- Traditional Mon-Fri work schedule
- 5+ years experience in a billing leadership/managerial role
- Strong understanding of healthcare revenue cycle, ICD-10, CPT coding, account receivable and DSO reduction
- Experience using Google Apps, Mac OS X, and CRM applications (i.e. Salesforce)
- Bachelor’s degree
- Bilingual a plus
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.