Associate Videographer at BigCommerce
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce, named a 2021 "Best Place to Work" in Austin, is looking for a Learning and Development focused Videographer to join our Creative Services team. As an Associate Videographer for our Austin Four Points Office, you will support a variety of initiatives through video content. You will play a vital role in the production, editing and development of “how to” videos, onboarding experiences, sharing merchant success stories, and animating content to engage audiences in new ways. You should be capable of owning a concept end to end and fulfilling different roles on the same project, however, the majority of projects will be post-production heavy. This cross-functional role will support the entire company by developing internal and external videos to promote BigCommerce and create useful content for existing and potential customers.What You’ll Do
- Think strategically, as well as creatively, and understand the importance of audiences and targeting customers with the content most relevant for them.
- Rely on your experience with digital storytelling, photography, motion graphics, and other creative techniques to develop and build valuable content.
- Write and collaborate with experts on scripts and content for varied audiences (prospects, existing customers, agency partners, and internal).
- Execute the video content strategy through ideation, planning, production, editing, and publishing processes.
- Create effective content for multiple channel outputs, including digital, social media, eLearning, paid educational programs and events.
- Self-shoot and direct as needed.
- Maintain editing standards to ensure consistency in quality, look, feel and tonality for all digital and video assets.
- Manipulate and repurpose current static creative assets for video (Photoshop/Illustrator)
- Assist with video production, setup, and camera operation as needed.
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders to execute multi-faceted creative concepts.
- Take technical information and provide instructional material that is clear and concise.
- Manage your own workload and capacity and work within our established processes, coordinating and communicating with team Project managers.
- 2+ years of experience in video production and post-production.
- A BA, BS, or BFA in graphic design, film studies, cinematography or related fields strongly preferred.
- Strong independent thinking and judgment skills.
- Ability to self-shoot using a DSLR camera.
- Strong editing skills, social media proficiency, experience writing for an online audience, proven ability to work efficiently in a high-pressure, deadline-driven environment.
- Creativity and ability to use digital storytelling, photography, animation, motion graphics, and other creative techniques to build valuable content.
- Ability to collaborate with instructional designers, copywriters, graphic designers, editors, marketers, and leadership to execute multi-faceted creative concepts.
- Working knowledge of the BigCommerce platform is a plus.
- High skill level in the Adobe Creative Cloud, particularly, Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop, and Illustrator and knowledge of audio recording and voice over application, record sound, and familiarity with sourcing music and assembly editing.
- Self-motivated, versatile and highly organized, with an acute attention to detail to deliver work at a consistently high standard.
- Excellent problem-solving and organizational skills, and a good eye for detail, with a focus on consistency and technical accuracy.
- Knowledge of video codecs, formats, and web standards, color correction, audio mixing, music selection, knowledge of the principles, techniques, technology and standards of video production and shot composition.
- Knowledge and/or skill in the following a plus: Google Apps, other ecommerce resources, Salesforce, or related products experience.
You may be asked to create a test sample of work if selected. This project will require you to demonstrate some of the skills previously called out.