BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce, named a 2019 Best Place to Work in Austin, is searching for a Web Content Publisher to join our team. Reporting to the Sr. Manager of Web Strategy, you will be responsible for creating, editing, posting, and updating relevant multimedia content daily on BigCommerce.com, landing pages, and other digital properties. The successful candidate will be highly responsive and able to manage quick-turn around requests or multiple projects simultaneously, with the ability to prioritize according to business importance and timelines. The ability to collaborate with a high degree of professionalism across functions is critical to success.
What You’ll Do:
- Build template-based web pages using Craft CMS for digital marketing campaigns, product-marketing and partner teams
- Assist in adding features and optimizations to the BigCommerce Blog based on WordPress
- Support continuous improvement efforts for search engine optimization (SEO) and website usability as well as web publishing best practices (e.g. formatting, editing, technical/systemic considerations)
- Collaborate closely with the Web Strategy Manager, Marketing and Product teams to ensure that project tasks are completed on time
- Create and edit content following established style guidelines
- Evaluate content for relevance, clarity and timeliness
- Coordinate with Design team as needed for development of image assets and to ensure brand compliance and consistency
- Provide administrative support to CMS contributors, collaborating with IT partners as needed
- Support Web Content Manager in enforcing established design and content standards
Who You Are:
- Previous experience creating and editing content in HTML for departmental and program web sites following established style guidelines using web content management software
- Basic knowledge of HTML/CSS, Craft CMS experience major plus
- Self-motivated, driven and upbeat
- Detail oriented, meticulous and high organizational skills
- Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize workload
- Creative problem-solving skills with a “can-do” attitude
- Excellent time management skills
- Professional maturity, composure, and emotional intelligence
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent job experience
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.
Current BigCommerce Employees: Please use the internal job board to apply for openings