FloSports is seeking to hire a Content Creator for FloRacing, our motorsports vertical. The ideal candidate has a pulse on what stories will resonate within the community and takes pride in bringing them to life through written and video content. If you’re a savvy idea-generator who knows motorsports (late-model, midgets, sprint cars, modifieds, etc.) inside and out, we want you to join our team.
Candidates must have a nose for compelling storylines and an insatiable desire to win. We’re looking for someone who won’t settle for second-best, no matter the situation.
This position is a road-warrior and the ability to travel up to 50% and work evenings/weekends/holidays is a must.
- Create great web content, both written and video, from the idea phase to publishing.
- Spotlight the top drivers and personalities in your sport with interesting stories.
- You'll travel around the country to create amazing coverage of live events. You'll interview the athletes, create compelling preview content and feature the biggest stories of each event.
- You will work with your team in content creation meetings, brainstorming to come up with plans that attract fans and makes them want to stick around for more. You'll listen to your audience and adjust your plans accordingly.
- You will be capable of handling multiple content projects at once because you're a multi-tasking machine. You can be relied on.
- You'll be a news hound, staying on top of every story and news item unfolding in your sport to ensure you provide comprehensive coverage to your readers.
- You'll make sure the content you create is in line with our unique voice and brand guidelines.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- You are an authority on auto racing and obsessive about staying on top of the latest developments.
- You are a fantastic writer and editor. Grammar mistakes drive you crazy.
- You love the feeling of breaking news before anyone else, but you also understand that being right is more important than being first.
- You are organized. You know how to prioritize your time. You manage multiple projects with ease.
- You are creative and analytical. You enjoy coming up with unique takes on stories and refuse to do something that has been done before. You thrive on taking an idea and making it a reality.
- You work well with management, but you’re also capable of doing stuff on your own.
- You wake up each day looking for a win. You can't wait to create new ideas and then execute them to perfection. You are competitive and driven to be the best.
- Highly organized, self-motivated and adaptable to change.
- Knowledge of HTML, photo editing tools (e.g. Photoshop) and MS Office.
- Knowledge of AP Style is preferred.
- Knowledge of video editing tools (Final Cut, Premier, Avid) is preferred.
WHO WE ARE:
Founded in 2006, FloSports is a venture-backed OTT subscription video streaming service dedicated to sports, offering live and on-demand access to hundreds of thousands of competition events across 25+ sports in the US and abroad. FloSports’ vision is to finally give underserved sports the love they deserve. With a growing library of more than 300,000 hours of premium content including news, expert commentary, films, documentaries and more, FloSports has established itself as an innovator and leader in sports streaming. Finally your sport has a home.
HOW WE DO IT:
We are the CEOs of our own work and are accountable for the tasks and responsibilities assigned to us. We take pride in creating the content that fans love. We row in the same direction and work together on our common vision. We build and strengthen our relationships through teamwork and respect. We embrace challenges, ask questions and are allowed to fail as long as we learn. We are passionate about building tribes and communities worth belonging to. We are innovative, curious, and have an appetite for making things better. Does this sound like you?
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
At FloSports, we are bonded by our passion for sports and our purpose to unite communities around experiences that finally give underserved sports the love they deserve. We recognize the need to build a company that seeks out, embraces, and celebrates our individual differences, ideas, and talent. FloSports is committed to the pursuit of a fair, equal and inclusive workplace where everyone is given the opportunity to grow to their fullest potential. As such, we are intentional in our hiring practices in an effort to overcome systemic biases we may be blind to. FloSports has adopted the “blind recruiting” process, which aims to open this opportunity to more candidates, help us be more objective in how we review applicants and mitigate bias in our decision making processes.
- Recognized as one of 2020’s Top Workplaces by the Austin-American Statesman
- Competitive and comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans
- Peace of mind through company-paid short-term disability, long-term disability and life insurance
- Generous 401(K) company match
- Progressive parental leave policies
- Flexible paid vacation and work environment
- Free laundry service for all positions that require travel
- Company sponsorship donation to youth teams coached by our employees
- Bring your dog to work- everyday!
- Stocked snack bar, catered lunch and breakfast tacos every week
- Modern and collaborative office environment