Content Creator- Varsity TV and FloCheer at FloSports
FloSports is looking to bring on a Content Creator for Varsity TV and FloCheer who is dedicated to our mission of providing cheer and dance fans the experience that they deserve. The ideal candidate lives and breathes cheerleading and dance, knows the Varsity brand inside and out, has professional content creation experience and is able to bring their innovative and impactful story ideas to life through written and video content.
Candidates must be passionate about having influence within the School and All Star cheer and dance community, have a nose for compelling storylines and possess an insatiable desire to win. We’re looking for someone who won’t settle for second-best, no matter the situation.
- Create impactful and high-quality web content, both written and video, from the idea phase to publishing.
- Spotlight the top athletes and personalities in your sport with interesting stories.
- You'll travel around the world to create amazing coverage of live events. You'll interview the coaches and athletes, write compelling recaps and feature the biggest stories of each event.
- You will work with your team in content creation meetings, brainstorming to come up with content strategies that will grow and engage the community and constantly improve by eliciting and listening to feedback from your audience. You will be capable of handling multiple content projects at once because you're a multi-tasking machine. You can be relied on.
- You'll be a news hound, staying on top of every story and news item unfolding in cheer and dance to ensure you provide comprehensive coverage to your readers.
- You'll make sure the content you create is in line with our unique voice and brand guidelines.
- You'll be a social media influencer. And you'll help find other big social media gurus who can help promote your content around the world.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- You are an authority on cheerleading and dance, and you’re obsessive about staying on top of the latest developments.
- You are a fantastic writer and editor. Grammar mistakes drive you crazy.
- You love the feeling of breaking news before anyone else, but you also understand that being right is more important than being first.
- You are organized. You know how to prioritize your time. You manage multiple projects with ease.
- You are creative and analytical. You enjoy coming up with unique takes on stories and refuse to do something that has been done before. You thrive on taking an idea and making it a reality.
- You're a social media savant. You know how to write creative and engaging tweets that burn like fire in your community.
- You work well with management, but you’re also capable of doing stuff on your own.
- You wake up each day looking for a win. You can't wait to create new ideas and then execute them to perfection. You are competitive and driven to be the best.
- You have a bachelor's degree from a four-year college in a related field.
- Highly organized, self-motivated and adaptable to change.
- Knowledge of video editing tools (Final Cut or Premiere Pro) is a must.
- Strong writing and/or editing skills + knowledge of AP Style is preferred.
- Knowledge of HTML, photo editing tools (e.g. Photoshop, Pixelmator) preferred.
Varsity Spirit is the worldwide leader in cheerleading and dance team apparel, educational camps and competitions, and has been the driving force behind cheerleading’s dynamic transformation into the high-energy, athletic global phenomenon it is today. While Varsity Spirit’s heritage is rich and its traditions renowned, it continues to be the innovative global leader in growing cheerleading’s influence and profile. The organization’s commitment to the health and well-being of the young people who participate is embedded in its high quality educational curriculum and its leadership in promoting safety standards.
WHO WE ARE:
FloSports is an innovative digital sports media company dedicated to unlocking a world of sports coverage that true fans deserve! We are committed to growing the sport through the events, the athletes and the fans by providing each unique community with a platform to connect to the sports they love. We stream more than 10,000 of live events per year, spanning from youth to professional competitions, produce original video programming and studio shows, and provide authentic content and coverage across more than 20 sports like wrestling, grappling, cheer, gymnastics, rugby, track & field, cycling, marching, bowling and so much more!
HOW WE DO IT:
We are the CEOs of our own work and are accountable for the tasks and responsibilities assigned to us. We take pride in creating the content that fans love. We row in the same direction and work together on our common vision. We build and strengthen our relationships through teamwork and respect. We embrace challenges, ask questions and are allowed to fail as long as we learn. We are passionate about building tribes and communities worth belonging to. We are innovative, curious, and have an appetite for making things better. Does this sound like you?
- Competitive and comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans
- Peace of mind through company-paid short-term disability, long-term disability and life insurance
- 401(K) company match
- Progressive parental leave policies
- Flexible paid vacation and work environment
- Free laundry service for all positions that require travel
- Bring your dog to work- everyday!
- Stocked snack bar, catered lunch and breakfast tacos every week
- Modern and collaborative office environment