Content Director at FloSports
FloSports has led the way in establishing a world-class digital streaming experience for millions of fans, families and athletes of over 25 different underserved sports. Imagine creating a digital platform that unites the casual fan with the most dedicated spectator, both experiencing thrilling live events from around the world with interactive features, real time analytics, powerful broadcast technology and more. Combine that with our unique original sports content ranging from breaking news and expert commentary to feature films, documentaries and multi-episodic series. That’s what FloSports is all about. We have successfully revolutionized the global sports media industry- the result of creating a diverse team of technologists and die-hard wrestlers, creators and devoted cheerleading experts, designers and hockey enthusiasts, communicators and motorsport fanatics, producers and casual sports fans… united by a shared passion to delight the underrepresented communities we serve. We are creating a home for underserved sports and we’re looking for people like you to help us!
FloSports is seeking a Content Director to lead creative and editorial strategy for several of our award-winning sports verticals. Candidates need the ability to think both creatively and analytically to develop and lead teams responsible for creating content that engages fans, markets live events, tells compelling stories, and enhances the brand.
A Content Director leads by leveraging their knowledge of the broader sports media landscape and deep understanding of FloSports to analyze data, glean takeaways, and channel those insights into content strategies that support our business goals.
To execute those strategies, the Content Director oversees a team of subject matter experts who lend their sport-specific expertise and media backgrounds to help influence and execute tactics. The role requires someone who knows how to manage creative employees and allocate resources—budget, headcount, time, internal/external assets, etc.—to maximize impact.
Content Directors also serve as stewards of the FloSports brand and reinforce best practices for content development and publication.
- Manage a team of content creators that develops great digital content, both written and video, from the idea phase to publishing.
- Track content analytics to monitor engagement and deliver insights to your team that influence creation and curation strategies.
- Allocate budget, headcount, time, internal/external assets, etc. in a way that maximizes impact and supports FloSports company goals.
- Lead your team in meetings to come up with content plans that engage fans, market live events, tell compelling stories, and enhance the brand.
- Champion business initiatives and rally your teams around them with thorough plans for success.
- Manage relationships with key internal and external stakeholders across departments—including digital marketing, rights acquisition, product, sales, partner success, etc.—to enhance alignment around business goals.
- Seek, utilize and manage the best staff and freelancers you can find and guide them to create killer content.
- Make sure the team you manage delivers content in line with our unique brand and style guide.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, or other media-related field.
- Experience in a similar role managing creative/editorial employees—preferably, within the sports media space.
- Experience with content analytics and demonstrated ability to apply takeaways that inform strategy.
- Highly organized, self-motivated and adaptable to change.
- You're a fantastic editor, and know AP Style in and out. Grammar mistakes drive you crazy.
- Proficient with Content Management Systems (CMS).
- You know what compelling video content looks like and how to manage your team to deliver it.
- You're organized. You know how to prioritize your time. You manage multiple projects with ease.
- You're creative and analytical. You enjoy coming up with unique takes on stories and refuse to do something that has been done before. You thrive on taking an idea and making it a reality.
- You work well with senior management, but you can also work independently. You take leadership and ownership of your team.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
At FloSports, we are bonded by our passion for sports and our purpose to unite communities around experiences that finally give underserved sports the love they deserve. We recognize the need to build a company that seeks out, embraces, and celebrates our individual differences, ideas, and talent. FloSports is committed to the pursuit of a fair, equal and inclusive workplace where everyone is given the opportunity to grow to their fullest potential. As such, we are intentional in our hiring practices in an effort to overcome systemic biases we may be blind to. FloSports has adopted the “blind recruiting” process, which aims to open our opportunities up to more candidates, help us be more objective in how we review applicants and mitigate bias in our decision making processes.
- Recognized two years in a row as a Top Workplace by the Austin-American Statesman
- Flexibility at work - you can take control of your profession and personal schedule
- Strong remote work culture
- All-hands events hosted twice a year in beautiful Austin, Texas
- Annual equity awards for all top performers
- Competitive and comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans
- Peace of mind through company-paid short-term disability, long-term disability and life insurance
- Generous 401(K) company match
- Progressive parental leave policies
- Unlimited paid time off
- Hack-a-thons and a full calendar of team-building and social events
- Free laundry service for all positions that require travel
- Company donation to youth teams and leagues that our employees coach
- Bring your dog to work- everyday!
- Stocked snack bar, catered lunch and breakfast tacos every week