Content Manager - MileSplit at FloSports
FloSports is looking for a passionate content director to play a vital role in overseeing the publishing of extraordinary content across the MileSplit network of track and field verticals. It is an exceptional opportunity to join a vibrant content team and to help shape the direction of our expanding digital editorial coverage.
The ideal candidate is an experienced editor who lives and breathes high school track and field, and who arrives with experience writing and editing as well as a killer eye for detail. This person can maintain a cool head and clear judgment under pressure and has the ability to move quickly and adapt as situations develop and change. They will also have a track record of successfully managing editorial teams and be able to demonstrate that success.
We are open to remote candidates for this role.
- Coordinating the day-to-day editorial operations of MileSplit state sites.
- Assisting in the development and execution of content ideas and concepts.
- Making sure that content team members and contributors are executing assignments on-task and on-time.
- Identifying and assisting with story development, providing guidance on everything from breaking news to features.
- Supervising the progress of written and video projects as they’re being produced.
- Help shape strategic decisions based on company goals and objectives.
- Oversee resource allocation, including budget and personnel.
- Familiarity with FloSports and the MileSplit network of sites.
- Strong knowledge of track and field, specifically on the high school level is required
- Experience managing a team is required
- Ability to multi-task.
- Reliability, creativity, and work ethic are a must.
- Experience editing news, features and projects.
- Has strong communication skills and experience working in a cross-functional team.
- Has solid understanding of social media platforms and their usefulness.
- The candidate must be familiar with HTML
- Has fluency in electronic news gathering techniques
- Experience working within a CMS.
- An undergraduate degree in journalism, communications, online/multimedia or related field
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience as a writer or content producer in print or digital journalism.
- Minimum 5 or more years of experience as an editor in a high-volume print or digital environment.
FloSports, the innovator in live digital sports and original content, partners with event rights holders and governing bodies to unlock a world of sports coverage that true fans have been waiting for. Through live streaming of premier events, original video programming, and weekly studio shows, FloSports is growing the sports, the events, the athletes, and the fans. Current verticals under the FloSports header are Wrestling, Track, Marching, Softball, and more.
- Competitive and comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans
- Peace of mind through company-paid short-term disability, long-term disability and life insurance
- 401(K) company match
- Progressive parental leave policies
- Flexible paid vacation and work environment
- Free laundry service for all positions that require travel
- Bring your dog to work- everyday
- Healthy snack options and catered lunch every week
- Modern and collaborative office environment