REFINE | COLLABORATE | EDUCATE
As a Content Quality Architect, your primary focus is to collaborate with the assigned Training Architect and help align in-production content to ACG content standards and the assigned course blueprint. Your participation may include pre-production collaboration, as well as post-production content reviews. Additionally, you will be stakeholders in the development of processes and standards for content creation and assist in proactive monitoring of content changes introduced by vendors. Assuring student’s success is of the utmost importance at A Cloud Guru and you will play a huge part in that!Hello, we're A Cloud Guru
Our friends call us ACG.
At ACG, you have the chance to help people change the trajectory of their lives. The chance to create the learning that helps businesses stay in business. The chance to teach the WORLD to cloud, all while working some magic for your own career along the way. Being able to deliver quality content infused with personality and a human touch is the core of what we do as a business. What we do for our learners is serious business, but we don't take ourselves too seriously. It's all about bringing insatiable curiosity to our roles every day and leaving everything we touch just a little bit more awesome.
There aren't many company cultures like A Cloud Guru's in the world. This year, we were awarded the #1 Place to work in Austin, as well as Best Company Culture and Best Companies for Diversity. Who we work with is as important as what we do.What makes the Content Team awesome...
Who says learning something technical has to be a snooze? With a human touch, the world’s leading cloud gurus, and a few LEGO bricks, we’re giving people the skills they need to move up in their careers and change their lives… and having a bit of fun along the way. Behind the scenes, our content team is supportive and encouraging. Always pushing the person next to them to dream a little bigger, and offering a hand when help is needed.
We're given the freedom to try things out, and set our own agenda, and leave our mark on the company. - Nick, Lead Educational Design ArchitectAs a Content Quality Architect at ACG, you’ll get to:
- Collaborate with Training Architects (including non-production teams) through various parts of the course creation process including syllabus creation, lesson planning, and content quality review, Including:
- Providing recommendations and required remediations to bring the content up to standard
- Completing a second review of remediated content requests sent to the Training Architect (TA) to ensure updates are completed, and if not escalate to the appropriate Manager
- Requesting input in the course production process (i.e. Tech Writing, and Design)
- Assisting Training Architects with collateral updates based on vendor maintenance to minimize context switching for TAs
- Suggesting innovative and creative improvements to content creators
- Assisting with presentation layouts for slides and diagrams to ensure ACG Andragogy is effectively implemented throughout lessons and other content
- Assist in content planning related to certification courses which include continuous learning and taking certification exams
- Apply expertise in a range of different projects/topics like networking, storage, cloud architecture, DevOps, security as examples
- Audit content to ensure that it meets prescribed standards as outlined
- Proactively monitor assigned content vendors for updates to content that will impact course maintenance
- Provide stakeholder input in the development of content production standards and processes, particularly in regards to andragogy and content quality
- Own and drive the continuous improvement of processes within the team through creating internal team standards documentation and provide constructive and solutions-driven feedback on team communication standards and processes
- Effectively use written, verbal, and visual communication to facilitate technical discussion and share ideas
We are looking for someone who can:
- Demonstrate strong technical skills across different technologies or domains, including at least one of AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Demonstrate expertise in a range of different projects/topics like networking, storage, cloud architecture, DevOps, security as examples
- Understand content production processes and standards for QA validation
- Understand and implement ACG Andragogy principles in content (i.e. storytelling, use of analogies, etc to demonstrate concepts)
- Demonstrate strong ability with slide and diagramming tools and using them to convey concepts
- Take an objective view of technology, and provide examples of times where they have designed/developed solutions that consider multiple technologies and can rationalize why they chose that path
- Effectively communicate, influence and collaborate with stakeholders in a positive way, whilst concurrently critically evaluating work from a quality perspective
- Learn new tools and technologies, and is comfortable exploring concepts previously unknown to them
We focus on hiring values aligned people, because we believe the right person can learn all the things to be successful in their role. Self-confidence plays a big part in what you apply for. We encourage all job applicants to apply even if they are nervous to do so. College degrees aren't required for any roles, and career gaps or switches are totally welcome.
- 5+ years of applied IT experience
- Applied experience with cloud services and implementation
- Mixed background in technology, particular to cloud services/deployment/ops (Chef, Ansible, Terraform, Kubernetes, Docker, etc.)
- A passion for mentoring others, willingness to collaborate with the team to continually grow and improve, and is empathetic and supportive of peers
- Cloud certification is a plus!
- Experience in community involvement (open source contributions, meet-ups, etc.) is a plus!
We want the people who care about doing a good job. The ones who have the humility and hunger to learn. - Sam Kroonenburg, Co-Founder and CEOMore than a job
Where you work isn’t just a career decision -- it’s a life decision. Everyone has family, friends and interests outside of their careers, so we offer perks and benefits to make work, work better for you.
- 4 weeks PTO, plus 10 sick days, and holidays. Because even when your office is your living room, we all need time to unplug.
- Remotely awesome. Get $500 to level up your home office, monthly snack boxes, free Headspace access, weekly lunch funds, and $50 monthly for internet.
- Remote first environment. Feel connected to your coworkers with events inspired by our values, weekly virtual happy hours, and lunchtime trivia.
- Gender-neutral paid parental leave. Expanding your family? We offer 12 weeks of gender-neutral paid parental leave, and reimburse up to $10,000 for eligible adoption expenses.
- $1,000 continuing education budget. All Gurus get $250 a quarter to spend on personal development.
- 2 hours each week reserved for learning. Every Friday for 2 hours, we put down our normal work and spend time learning something new
Applying for a job can feel intimidating and like a full-time job of its own. You shouldn’t have to burn through a week of sick time or all your best out-of-office excuses just to put feelers out for a new career opportunity. We want to be as transparent about the process as possible to help ease your mind. It’s our goal to provide you a fair, efficient interviewing experience that respects you and your time — and to do it all with a sidecar of delight.
Once you submit an application, we’ll review it. If you’re a good fit, you’ll have an initial chat with a recruiter over the phone. A phone interview with a manager typically follows. Depending on your role, you might then be asked to do a little homework (but nothing too time consuming). Then we’ll schedule a Zoom call to meet other members of the team, answer any questions you have, and give you a feel for what it’s really like to work at ACG. If you're on the fence, just give it a try.
Keep being awesome, Cloud Gurus.