RetailMeNot is seeking a Content Specialist to join the Product team. This is a full-time contractor position that will allow you to grow your skill set in content management and SEO while assisting a cross-functional team in the creation, optimization and distribution of compelling content for RetailMeNot. You will play a key role in helping us execute our strategy to drive organic traffic, audience growth and revenue. Our dream candidate is creative, data-driven, organized and has strong writing skills, problem-solving skills, multitasking skills and an undeniable eye for detail.
Who You Are:
- Degree in Journalism, English, Marketing or Communications
- 3+ years of experience creating B2C digital content
- Experienced with developing SEO content strategies, keyword research and site architecture
- Working knowledge of content management systems (Contentstack, WordPress), Photoshop and analytics tools, such as Google Analytics and Google Search Console
- You've used one or more of the following tools: Google Analytics, Ahrefs, Majestic, Moz, Buzzstream, Google Search Console, SEMrush
- Basic knowledge of HTML
- Detail-oriented with copy editing expertise and familiarity with AP Style
- The ability to consistently meet tight deadlines
- Possess strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must be a self-starter and capable of staying on top of the latest industry trends
- Love working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Interested in growing content marketing and SEO expertise
What You’ll Do:
- You will manage the production—from start to finish—of shopping-related content, such as buying guides and product reviews, for RetailMeNot. This includes writing, editing and helping upload all to our CMS
- You will manage the outsourcing of writing assignments to third-party content writers. This entails writing clear assignment briefs, proofreading, restructuring and editing articles as they come in
- Work cross-functionally with departments, such as Product, Operations and Marketing, on planning, producing, distributing and reporting on content
- Assist with distributing the content you create across social, email, etc.
- Optimize published pieces using SEO guidelines, such as internal linking and page titles
- Help with keyword research for new content ideas
- Track and analyze key health metrics and make content optimizations based on performance Act as your own copy editor and review content in the process of development
- Monitor competitors and stay up to date on search trends to identify opportunities for organic traffic growth and visibility
- Get stuff done, and always create with the goal of helping people save money every single day
Who We Are:
- We value diverse perspectives and believe this translates into stronger products and a better workplace
- We have an open, casual, fun and upbeat environment where you are given a lot of responsibility and the freedom to make a huge impact
- We have lots of intelligent people to work with and learn from
- We believe in giving prizes, bonuses and recognition for doing what you love
- Some rewards do not apply to contract workers or interns
We offer an opportunity to be an integral part of a company that eagerly pursues disruption in its space to continue to drive innovation and lead the competition. Benefits of being an employee of RetailMeNot, Inc. include, but are not limited to the following:
- Competitive base & bonus packages; salary negotiable
- Long Term Incentive Plan
- Performance based rewards & recognition for your hard work and service
- Very competitive benefits packages, including best-in-class parental leave
- Open & flexible PTO
- Cell phone & gym membership reimbursements
*Some rewards do not apply to contract workers or interns.
RetailMeNot, Inc. is a leading savings destination bringing people and the things they love
together through savings with retailers, brands, restaurants and pharmacies. RetailMeNot
makes everyday life more affordable through online and in-store coupon codes, cash back
offers, and the RetailMeNot Deal Finder™ browser extension. Savings are also provided in
consumers’ mailboxes through the RetailMeNot Everyday™ direct mail package.
To learn more, visit http://www.retailmenot.com/corp or follow @RetailMeNot on social media.
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Information
At RetailMeNot we celebrate difference. We are committed to ensuring an environment of mutual respect for every employee and proud to be an an equal employment opportunity employer who does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We believe a diverse and inclusive workplace is central to our success and actively seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse pool of candidates. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us align with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.