Content Writer, Product Marketing at PLANOLY
PLANOLY is the industry-leading social marketing platform trusted by millions to visually plan, schedule, and measure performance across Instagram and Pinterest. PLANOLY continues to pave the way for brands and businesses of all sizes to carry out their digital marketing strategies seamlessly.
As a Content Writer on the Product Marketing Team, you will work to translate the PLANOLY product experience for new and existing users by creating useful resources. You’re an advocate for social media platforms and digital strategy. You’re a skilled writer with a portfolio that demonstrates content and copy that simplifies and enhances the overall user experience. You will implement thoughtful prose to write intuitive and entertaining tutorials, best practices, and product experiences to help our users accomplish their goals and gain a better understanding of the products and features that we offer.
As a self-starter and creative thinker, you will ideate the communication of new product features and releases, video content, best practices, and short and long-form educational materials.
What You’ll Do:
- Implement sharp and thoughtful writing and editing skills to create blogs, instructional material, and user interface copy to heighten user experience
- Work directly with the editor and product marketing lead to craft thoughtful, strategic, and conversion-oriented educational and marketing copy and resource guides to support each step in the conversion funnel
- Work closely with the Product Team to help support product launches, promotions, and marketing campaigns
- Collaborate with product marketing, support, and engineering teams to develop resources with accuracy and a unified brand voice
- Document your strategies with guidelines from leadership or partners and establish best practices and strategy principles
- Demonstrate the ability to ideate editorial concepts, provide industry best copy, operate under tight deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Journalism, Technical Writing, UX, or equivalent practical experience
- 1-3 years of experience on user-focused product writing, including work for applications, software, or general tutorials
- A portfolio of resource material writing samples that has a logical flow of ideas
- The ability to incorporate the brand voice and humor into educational resources
- Proven track record of writing high-converting user guides and resource materials
- Strong communicator with an encouraging and team-focused attitude
- Driven to optimize processes focused on enhancing copy through insightful experimentation and market testing
- Aware of cultural trends in social media with a desire to take risks and experiment with new and unique ways a brand shows up in the world
- Someone who can thrive in a constantly evolving creative environment where your ideas, insights, and experience are central to success and growth
- Strong conceptual thinker with impeccable writing and execution skills
Please include URL(s) for an online portfolio with user resource-focused writing samples, how-to’s, tutorials, and guides along with style guidelines in addition to resume.
** This role is not eligible for an employment visa.*** ***This role will be based in Austin, Texas - no relocation.***
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Information
PLANOLY is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified individuals seeking employment without regards to race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected classification.