New Knowledge is looking for a Content Writer who can inspire, educate, and shape a compelling narrative on patterns of online disinformation.
Disinformation is becoming part of collective consciousness. But people don’t have the words to talk about it yet. The public only sees small, disconnected glimpses of the problem. And at the core, this is an information ecosystem problem. We are the defenders of information integrity in an increasingly manipulated world. And that will be your story to tell.
New Knowledge is on a mission to defend public discourse. We build products that repair online communities, identify manipulation, and help them communicate more authentically. In a world where social media is being manipulated on a massive scale, this is no small task. We care about protecting communities, brands, and companies from being targeted by the spreading of disinformation. The kind of people who work with us have to be passionate about that challenge and mission.
We help companies understand and defend themselves against online disinformation. Day-to-day you'll work with a rapidly growing team of intelligence analysts and machine learning experts. You'll conduct investigations, interpret data, and write stories about your analysis for executives, government partners, and journalists. Collaborating will be huge, and there's a lot to do - there's no shortage of exciting work.
You're looking for a team where you can drive decisions, be challenged and investigate complex problems. You want to collaborate with smart, creative, and energetic people. You're comfortable with being uncomfortable. If this sounds like you, you sound like someone we want on our team.
- Curiosity and creativity
- Flawless writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Ability to evaluate and write about difficult situations with an unbiased and analytical mindset
- Strategy focused with an affinity for details
- A strong moral code
- Skills and personality to operate effectively in a very fast-paced, complex business
- Comfortable independently learning things you haven't done before
- Enjoys working as part of a cross functional team
- Previous experience investigating online disinformation is preferred, but not required
- BA/BS in Journalism, English, Marketing, Business or related field.
- 2+ years of experience writing
- Collaborate with our cross functional team of marketing, communications, engineers, analysts, and executives to create engaging content needed to drive our marketing and communication plans—all while staying true to our overall brand mission and message.
- Engage with designers, marketers and fellow content creators to bring this stories to life visually
- Produce best-in-class copy for a variety of channels and mediums, including but not limited to: blog posts, articles, pitches, client reports, emails, websites, case studies, white papers, and infographics.
- Adeptly wield language to appeal to multiple industries, our customers, and the general public
- Collaborate with the Marketing and Communications team to optimize and execute new content initiatives and refresh existing collateral
- Competitive salary and healthcare
- A 401(k) with company matching
- A business that trusts and embraces technology
- A leadership team that wants to do it right and is open to new ideas
- Use your preference of tools and hardware
- Flexible work hours
- Ability to work from home
- Lots of available and free parking
- Unlimited vacation (and no, that is not code for you never take a vacation, we encourage and value time off)
- Stocked kitchen full of healthy snacks
- Professional development opportunities
- And most importantly, meaningful work. We all love coming to work everyday and making a difference to make this world a better place