Content Writer at Khoros
Khoros is looking for a Content Writer to help ideate and execute our content marketing strategy. The ideal candidate is a gifted writer and editor who understands how to write great content that builds demand in the market. This person is a nimble strategist who cares about metrics and has a track record of crafting stories that create and accelerate sales opportunities. We're looking for a mix of strategist, editor, and writer who can conceptualize big ideas and translate them into multi-dimensional demand-generating content programs.
The right candidate feels just as comfortable collaborating on content strategy for websites and pieces of content as they will researching, writing, and editing a long-form whitepaper. We need someone to own, evangelize, and continually refine our brand voice, and someone to maintain editorial standards that set our content - and therefore our company - apart. This role helps fulfill the content strategy for the entire Khoros marketing organization, reporting to the Director of Brand Marketing.
- Help develop, schedule, and execute against the full-funnel content strategy for Khoros, including but not limited to: blog posts, tipsheets, infographics, ebooks, whitepapers, case studies, and video scripts.
- Perform all stages of content production from ideation, to writing, to publishing and distribution to the marketing and sales departments
- Consistently measure, track, and report on the performance of content with tools including Google Analytics and DOMO and use those insights to drive future content planning decisions
- Manage and upload to the website content management system and intranet content repository to ensure a smooth external and internal audience experience and maximum use of materials by the company
- Collaborate with demand-gen to track and improve how content contributes to lead generation through TOFU-influenced gated asset downloads and demo requests
- Collaborate with full-time content marketing employees, contractors, and agencies on content for multiple programs and purposes
- Serve as co-editor-in-chief of marketing and communication materials, advising on voice and story - department- and business-wide as needed - for content as small as an email or as large as an ebook
- Lead and/or contribute to website copywriting efforts and UX +wireframe exercises for web projects as they arise
- Contribute to the iteration of the Khoros brand voice and style guide
- Identify thought leadership stories and generate content that supports specific brand positioning and campaign efforts
- Recruit and work with thought leaders company-wide to develop and maintain a strong base of content contributors, training them on brand voice and storytelling techniques
- Regularly assess and prioritize the enhancement, editing, and potential reformatting of existing content
- 2-5 years of work experience in marketing, journalism, or communications, ideally working for a technology company or agency
- Excellent writing, editing, storytelling, and brainstorming skills, with a penchant for taking complex, technical topics and communicating them effectively in a range of mediums (text, video, slideshows, email)
- Exemplary editing and proofreading skills, with knowledge of AP style
- Stellar research skills and the ability to familiarize yourself with new topics and industries quickly
- Excellent project management skills, communication skills, and attention to detail
- Big idea person with the ability to both lead creative ideation and translate ideas into marketing content and materials – you're equal parts thinker and "doer"
- Strategic thinker with a passion for digital customer engagement, digital marketing, care, communities, and brand development
- Prior experience working with integrated marketing and creative campaigns preferred
- HTML and SEO knowledge preferred