Content Writer at SamCart
Online shopping has changed. Today’s eCommerce runs on selling products, not brands. SamCart is the first e-commerce platform built from the ground up for direct-to-consumer brands. By focusing on the product level, and not the store level, our customers can create beautiful sites that showcase their products, convert visitors into customers, and increase the value of each purchase.
SamCart is looking for a talented Content Writer to join our team. We’re a company founded and run by marketers. Great content and clear communication are integral to who we are and how we operate. In true startup fashion, you’ll produce a range of assets for all channels and audiences in our growing network. You’re an awesome three-way smash-up of fresh ideas, clear communication, and prolific production.
- Writing with a purpose--you understand the business goals behind the gold you type up, and are able to adjust easily between tasks
- 1-3 years of experience writing with deadlines and deliverables
- Side hustle and a personality
- Writing great copy in both short and long-form
- Translating big ideas and complex issues into crisp and enjoyable text
- Technical writing is not the core focus, but a useful skill for this role
- Add a link to your portfolio in the questions below!
- This role is based in either Austin, TX, or DC/Maryland. Relocation at your own cost, post-Covid, will be expected.
- Write whiz-bang copy for blog posts, marketing emails, thought papers, press releases, webpages, social posts and more
- Own and honor the SamCart voice
- Live on the bleeding edge of buzz--stay current on marketing and eCommerce trends and topics
- Collaborate with others in crafting campaigns and ideas
- Edit and improve copy written by others
Here at SamCart, we are startup veterans, marketing savants, experience experts, and eCommerce bosses. Our goal is to build an industry-leading direct-to-consumer eCommerce platform. Our team works hard, supports each other, and enjoys these awesome perks.
- Stock options
- Unlimited PTO policy, including a 14-day minimum
- Parental Leave (12-Weeks Maternity & 4-Weeks Paternity)
- Monthly Wellness Reimbursment
- Access to Udemy Corporate
- Flexible work schedule
- Cool offices with cool people
- (Covid Update: Currently Working From Home)
- Free snacks and drinks
- Regular happy hours and other fun stuff
With the above stated, we are open to candidates of all backgrounds and encourage you to apply if interested! SamCart is committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive team. However, we are not able to sponsor visas