Contract Content Strategist & Writer – Financial
Content Strategist & Writer – Financial (CONTRACT)
Who we are and what we are about
Drumroll is an engagement agency focused on turning often overlooked moments of a customer journey into meaningful connections, in memorable and measurable ways.
To deliver on that promise, we do things a little differently.
We don’t have dedicated strategists. Around here, creative ideas come from everywhere--even the account team. We collaborate, equally, with each other and our clients. We leave our egos at the door.
Who you are
This role requires a strong background in financial industries and able to write and contribute to a content strategy from an editorial (and preferably) economic POV. The ideal candidate would have a background in economic journalism or think pieces.
What you gotta know
- Proficient in the art of the Brainstorm and can pitch current industry topics for blogs, whitepapers, and other educational and marketing content
- Have a working knowledge of influencer marketing strategies, influencers in the field, programs and best practices
- Journalism background is a huge plus, especially in the economy and/or financial sector
- Ability to write and proofread short- and long-form copy for marketing, advertising, and social media purposes
- Research, check factual accuracy, and uphold editorial guidelines on all content pieces
- Ability to collaborate across client marketing organizations and teams to provide a creative, editorial POV on content, as needed
- A passion for content strategy and creation; someone who cares that no fact goes unchecked, no weak subject line is glossed over, and no grammatical error is shrugged off
- Comfortable communicating with sophisticated audiences and explaining highly technical or complicated subjects like affordability and housing issues across audiences
- Start Date: 11/15/18
- End Date: TBD, Aprox 3-6 months
- 15-20 hrs/week
- Open to remote candidates
*Scope/duration is subject to change.