Based in the Bohemian Cowboy capital of the world, Austin, Texas, Literati is a new kind of bookseller. Our mission is simple: to make parents and children love reading together by building a community that sparkles with life, curiosity, and imagination. We have more investors than employees, so if you’re a team player, an expert with a beginner’s mind, a rainmaker, or have a hint of alchemy up your sleeve, then we definitely want to talk with you!
We are searching for a writer with an experimental mindset, always looking to learn and iterate and improve on an idea—someone who is as passionate as we are about helping parents prioritize reading with their kids. If you’re a team player, an expert with a beginner’s mind, a rainmaker, or have a hint of alchemy up your sleeve, let’s talk.
What You'll Do...
- Create compelling ads that drive conversion, sign up, and retention.
- Pitch and brainstorm ad/branding ideas that propel the brand into the stratosphere.
- Seek out opportunities to expand our reach on new and existing platforms, creating compelling, channel-specific ideas and messages.
- Collaborate with external creative partners to ensure they produce content that, well, we would.
Who You Are....
- A writer who thrives on the challenge of creating ads that actually deliver performance.
- Someone who takes it personally (in the right way), who wants to figure why something did/didn't resonate… and go at it again.
- A writer who is super familiar with direct response marketing and/or a subscription-based business models.
- An awareness of trends in culture, in particular the digital space, and a desire to take risks and experiment with new and unique ways a brand shows up in the world.
- Someone who is self-motivated and able to juggle multiple projects under tight deadlines.
What You'll Need....
- Strong communication skills and an encouraging, team-focused attitude.
- Experience in the direct response and branded space.
- Bonus if you have design or video editing experience.
Literati is dedicated to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness. We believe in the power of literature as a transformative form of technology that helps us see, and reflect upon, our common humanity. A great workplace should do the same—see, reflect, and celebrate the experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, and talent of a diverse array of people. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that all potential candidates can bring in terms of their education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, gender identity and expression, nationality, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, religion, neurological and physical ability, sexual orientation, and beliefs.
Read Full Job Description