Course Content Creator
ABOUT THIS POSITION
We’re not looking for any ninjas, gurus, or rock stars; we’re looking for a Content Creator (Note: This is not a marketing position.) Join us in creating mobile app and online courses that are replacing classrooms as the modern way to learn. If you’re a sharp editor and like the idea of writing educational courses in the voice of a snarky robot, Aceable may be the place for you.
Aceable is a mobile education platform that focuses on creating affordable, engaging and convenient educational content across all devices. Built by former teachers, NASA engineers, and those passionate about education, the Austin-based team is obsessed with helping people with life’s certification challenges. After launching its first mobile app to provide accredited driver’s ed courses, Aceable is now expanding into other verticals for required education. To date, Aceable touts more than 400,000 users and counting, as it continues to expand nationwide.
ABOUT YOUR NEW TEAM
Members of the Content team come from many different walks of life. A former teacher, a greeting card writer, a Hollywood escapee, a former 911 operator, and so many more make up this elite writing squad.
***PLEASE SUBMIT A COVER LETTER WITH YOUR APPLICATION***
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Write content for the next great Aceable course to help people achieve their goals
- Work closely with the Learning Experience team to deliver the best quality courses possible
- Edit our copy for clarity, grammatical errors, and that word I keep mispelling
- Reorganize existing material to fit the requirements of new course learning objectives
- Research new subjects in order to teach Aceable students
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Familiarity with Google Docs/Drive and task management tools
- Willingness to learn to use Aceable’s custom tools for getting content from your screen to the apps
- Copy editing prowess
- Experience with writing fun and informative content
- Willingness to admit not knowing the answer to a question (and the skill to find the answer)
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Generous paid time off
- Passionate, high-achieving teammates excited to help you succeed and learn
- Our own space on the top floor of a downtown building
- A team meal every week and access to our fully stocked kitchen
- Transportation stipend
- Education stipend
H1B sponsorship is unavailable for this position.
Read Full Job Description