CREATIVE | DATA DRIVEN | CONTENT GURU
The Data Journalist is a critical member of the content marketing team and will create stories, visualizations, reports, and analyses related to the cloud and education industries. This exciting role collaborates with our public relations, marketing, and data teams to analyze data and produce written content that generates coverage from top tier outlets such as TechCrunch, Forbes, Washington Post, and Business Insider, as well as our own marketing channels. You’ll have the opportunity to apply a wide range of analytical skills and data methods to produce industry reports, consumer trends surveys, and new media formats. This role is highly collaborative and will work across the organization to identify opportunities for growth and to measure success.Hello, we're A Cloud Guru
Our friends call us ACG.
We're on a mission to teach the WORLD to cloud. A Cloud Guru is the largest online cloud school on the planet. Our training feels more like logging into Netflix or Spotify - it's entertaining and playful. The people are the #1 reason employees say they stay at ACG. We’re a quirky, tight-knit crew that cares about our customers and each other. No egos here. Our leaders encourage thoughtfulness, compassion, being humble, and we have a bit of fun along the way.
It’s an exciting time to join the team, because we’re in a really unique space. We have an amazing product that people want, and we're in an industry that's tripling in size overnight.I enjoy coming to work because we keep it fun. It's all about giving our students a little bit more joy in any way we can. There's a lot of creativity and bouncing ideas off of each other. – Matt, DIrector of Creative ServicesAs a Data Journalist at ACG, you’ll get to:
- Proactively cultivate sources and perspectives from among our users and the broader industry to add relevance and credibility to our original content
- Originate ideas for relevant, compelling content assets (articles, ebooks, whitepapers, surveys, reports) based on close attention to our industry and community
- Research and write long-form narratives that reveal fresh insights about the cloud and education markets
- Work with our Business Operations team to identify meaningful insights in data and craft stories incorporating them
- Collaborate closely with our creative team to plan and execute effective visualizations of data
- Anticipate and react quickly to breaking industry news in order to provide timely, hard-hitting analysis
- Create and maintain documentation of our brand voice, internal team standards and processes, as well as guidance for those originating content outside our team
We focus on hiring values aligned people, because we believe the right person can learn all the things to be successful in their role. Self-confidence plays a big part in what you apply for. We encourage all job applicants to apply even if they are nervous to do so.
- Bachelor’s degree, with a concentration in Social Media, Public Relations, Journalism, Business preferred or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of experience writing for technical and business audiences
- Experience planning and executing quantitative analyses, and using those results to create compelling stories and/or visualizations
- Professional journalism experience with bylines in industry publications such as TechTarget, Business Insider, etc highly preferred
- Knowledge of and strong relationships with tech culture and industry influencers
- Ability to work collaboratively across the organization with teammates at all levels
- Highly organized and able to multitask in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
You need hunger and passion to succeed, but you also need humility. It's not about chest beating here. It's about collaboration. –Travis, VP of SalesMore than a job
Where you work isn’t just a career decision -- it’s a life decision. We get it. That’s why we want all of our Gurus to feel a sense of belonging that comes from feeling supported in all areas of their lives. Everyone has family, friends and interests outside of their careers, so we offer perks and benefits to make work, work better for you.
- 4 weeks PTO, plus 10 sick days, and holidays. Whether it's hiking to a waterfall in Costa Rica or bonding with your couch, we all need downtime. All Gurus get four weeks paid time off, 10 sick days, and enough holiday to make a banker blush.
- Let's get lunch. Lunches are catered three times per week, and our kitchen stays stocked with a smorgasbord of the team’s most requested snacks and drinks.
- Parking is on us. We have your Downtown parking covered. We offer paid garage parking nearby the office. We also have perks for going green by walking and taking public transit.
- We’ve got you covered. We offer insurance plans that pay for 100% of your medical, dental, and vision, and 80% for your family/dependents.
- Gender-neutral paid parental leave. Expanding your family? We offer 12 weeks of gender-neutral paid parental leave, and reimburse up to $10,000 for eligible adoption expenses.
- $1,000 continuing education budget. All Gurus get $250 a quarter to spend on personal development, and 2 hours each week reserved for learning something new.
Applying for a job can feel intimidating and like a full-time job of its own. You shouldn’t have to burn through a week of sick time or all your best out-of-office excuses just to put feelers out for a new career opportunity. We want to be as transparent about the process as possible to help ease your mind. It’s our goal to provide you a fair, efficient interviewing experience that respects you and your time — and to do it all with a sidecar of delight.
Once you submit an application, we’ll review it. If you’re a good fit, you’ll have an initial chat with a recruiter over the phone. A phone interview with a manager typically follows. Depending on your role, you might then be asked to do a little homework (but nothing too time consuming). Then we’ll bring you onsite to talk face to face, answer any questions you have, and give you a feel for what it’s really like to work at ACG. If you're on the fence, just give it a try.
Keep being awesome, Cloud Gurus.