Editor - Healthgrades at Red Ventures
Healthgrades is the largest digital marketplace in the US for consumers to choose and connect with the right healthcare professional for their specific needs. Our health content helps people research symptoms, conditions, and procedures, decide when to seek care, and prepare to have a productive appointment that will lead to positive health outcomes. We’re looking for a talented and dynamic Editor to join our fast growing editorial team and help us create and maintain clinical content that educates, empowers, and inspires people to take action to improve their health and well-being.
What You’ll Do:
- Plan, assign, edit, publish, and update high quality articles according to SEO best practices and Healthgrades editorial standards, while ensuring timely delivery of content
- Work closely with our best-in-class SEO team, freelance writers, medical reviewers, designers, and copy editors to create and move content through the publishing process
- Work with freelance writers by answering queries, providing feedback, and monitoring deadlines and assess existing writers, increase and improve our writer pool, and help identify and connect with high quality writers
- Utilize data to track the success of your content and make adjustments based on said data
- Work closely with editorial leads to monitor the success of projects and brainstorm new content ideas
What We're Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably in English or Journalism
- At least 2 years of editorial experience
- Solid research, writing, and editing skills, with an understanding of AP style
- Experience with creating content based on SEO best practices
- Astute sense of appropriate voice and tone
- Ability to turn research and writing projects around quickly
- Excellent skills in meeting deadlines, managing multiple projects, and prioritizing workload
- Excellent communication skills
- Comfort making content decisions
- Proficiency in WordPress and Google Suite
- Experience working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
Pursuant to the Colorado Equal Pay Act, below is a summary of compensation elements for this role at the company if based in Colorado. The following benefits are provided by Red Ventures, subject to eligibility requirements.
- Starting Salary: $55,000 - $70,000*
*Note actual salary is based on geographic location, qualifications and experience
- Health Insurance Coverage (medical, dental, and vision)
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- 401(k) with match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Parental Bonding Benefit Program
Who We Are:
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.
For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].