OutboundEngine, the leading done-for-you marketing automation service for small businesses, is seeking an Editor with real estate marketing experience and knowledge of the housing industry to help create amazing content and campaigns for our customers. We’ve raised $33.8M in funding, have over 10,000 customers on our platform and need a creative and detail-oriented person to keep our clients looking great online. This position focuses on editing email newsletters and creating social media content for our real estate customers.
Founded in 2012, OutboundEngine automates email and social media marketing for small businesses by combining a simple, easy-to-use marketing automation platform with professionally written and beautifully designed content. Our clients spend less time on marketing and more time serving their customers, and their customers get valuable content that they’re excited to engage with.
a process-oriented self-starter who can successfully juggle multiple projects with little supervision. You hit deadlines month after month and take initiative, particularly when the unexpected arises. You can give clear feedback to writers and editors and receive it without taking it personally. You’re inherently good with spelling and grammar and don’t hesitate to double-check yourself. You’re also super organized and a team player.
What You’ll Do
- Research, assign, edit, fact-check and proofread email newsletters for real estate agents and their clients across North America
- Write compelling subject lines and headlines
- Source relevant articles and images and write engaging social media posts
- Give constructive feedback to freelance writers
- Research real estate and homeowner trends and create content calendars
- QA content in our app and schedule for delivery
- Contribute to and edit corporate marketing content like company blog, ebooks, infographics, white papers, videos and other content marketing assets
- Work closely with product team to improve customer experience
- Outstanding editing skills, demonstrated through 5+ years of experience in journalism, blogging, copywriting or content marketing
- Must be skilled in both structural and line editing
- Able to write clear assignments and guide freelancers to writing compelling content
- Real estate marketing experience
- Familiarity with email marketing metrics and conversion
- Internet savvy with the judgment to discern quality articles for content curation
- Strong writing ability, ranging from short teasers to longer form content like blogs and e-books
- High degree of creativity
- Obsessive attention to detail
- Familiarity with AP style
- Working knowledge of basic web infrastructure: HTML, CMS, etc.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately in a deadline-driven environment
- Flexibility and willingness to adapt to the changing needs of a fast-growing startup
What’s In It For You
- Competitive compensation with potential for 10 percent bonus
- Health, dental and vision benefits
- Paid time off
- Fun, casual downtown office with free snacks and drinks
To apply, please attach a cover letter telling us why you’d be great for this position. We’re also interested in portfolio links or samples if you have them.