Global Content Manager
HomeAway, based in Austin, Texas, is the world leader in vacation rentals with more than 2 million unique places to stay in 190 countries, and is a part of the Expedia, Inc. family of brands.
HomeAway offers an extensive selection of vacation rental homes that provide travelers with memorable experiences and benefits, especially more room to relax, for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. The company also makes it easy for vacation rental owners and property managers to advertise their properties and manage bookings online.
The Global Content Manager is responsible for the delivery and execution of the Global Customer Experience knowledge management content, both internal and external, to drive self-service success, call deflection, reduced handle time, agent retention, and positive customer behaviors. This strategic role will contribute greatly to ensure that HomeAway has the organizational capability to meet current and future business objectives. As the manager of a globally dispersed team, this individual will ensure we are building employee capabilities, developing leaders and retaining key talent to meet business objectives. This individual is an expert in all things related to content and optimization, brand consistency, segmentation and localization, analytics and meaningful measurement. The position collaborates with all departments across the HomeAway global matrix to help clarify both the internal messaging and external knowledge needed by the customer to successfully self-serve on HomeAway products and features.
- Partner with global and local education teams to provide content that augments internal training programs.
- Interpret internal or external business issues and recommend best practices for creation and delivery of content designed to deflect contacts and improve self-service success.
- Supervise content developers; be an arbiter of best practices in grammar, messaging, writing, and style.
- Conduct ongoing analyses to gauge content effectiveness. Gather and review data and make recommendations based on those results.
- Work with content teams and partners to revise and measure particular content and goals.
- Develop standards, systems, and best practices (both human and technological) for content creation, distribution, maintenance, content retrieval and content repurposing, including the real- time implementation of content strategies.
- Ensure consistent global experience and implement appropriate localization/translation strategies.
- Demonstrate aptitude for and interest in technology and integration issues, with an understanding of which technologies can contribute to capturing, storing, exploring and sharing knowledge.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with peers and key stakeholders, across business and education teams fostering a collaborative culture.
- Design and implement systematic, periodic content audits.
- Supervise the maintenance of content inventories and matrices.
- Lead and own cross-functional projects, both locally and globally.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated experience delivering regular reporting on digital channels, including analysis, and delivering month on month improvement (knowledge of Google Analytics is a plus).
- Ability to negotiate and influence within a matrix organization.
- Exhibit excellent organizational, presentation skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Enjoy working in a fluid, dynamic and deadline-oriented organization with a minimal amount of direction.
- 5+ years of experience managing a digital content delivery channel.
- Background with a global eCommerce business experience a plus.
- Experience working in a global environment across multiple brands a plus.
- Ability to travel internationally 10%.
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit).
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.