Gymnastics Content Producer (Contract Position) at FloSports (Austin, TX)
The Content Producer is the mastermind behind the development of FloGymnastics’ content strategy and its implementation. The role requires a strong gymnastics background and an understanding of the nuances of the sport and its community.
Our ideal candidate knows the style of content the gymnastics community will love and can execute consistently. The ability to effectively plan, multitask, hit deadlines, and engage our audience with engaging gymnastics content is required.
The length of the contract will aligned with the Gymnastics season starting December 2021 until August 2022, with a chance to renew the contract at the start of the 2023 season.
- Develop a cohesive gymnastics content strategy that leverages articles and videos published on our web and app platforms that engages fans, markets live events, tells compelling stories, and enhances our brand.
- Turn your unique ideas into original content by tapping into internal resources, including a team of professional video shooters and editors, and external resources, such as a contract labor budget that will allow you to assemble and manage a team of all-star freelancers.
- Cover live gymnastics events and travel to select meets to gather in-person content with top personalities in the sport—facilitate interviews, capture behind-the-scenes moments, and gather footage to tell stories.
- Host entertaining, informational video segments that may include remote and in-person interviews, shows and vlogs.
- Develop and pitch video content ideas, including documentary films.
- Use a proprietary digital content management system to regularly publish and feature relevant, timely, compelling content.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Expert knowledge in gymnastics (club, NCAA, elite)
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college
- Strong connections with key figures (athletes, coaches, etc.) within gymnastics
- Excellent organizational skills
- Self-motivated and adaptable to change
- Experienced in conducting interviews
- Familiarity with HTML, photo editing tools (e.g. Photoshop, Pixelmator) and MS Office
- Experience in working with content management systems (CMS)
- Mastery of AP Style
- Knowledge of video editing tools (Final Cut, Premier, Avid)