Information Architect - Technical Writing
At Ping Identity, we're changing the way people think about enterprise security technology. With our innovative Identity Defined Security platform, we're helping to build a borderless world where people have total freedom to work wherever and however they want. Without friction. Without fear.
We're headquartered in Denver, Colorado, and we have offices and employees around the globe. And we serve the largest, most demanding enterprises worldwide, including over half of the Fortune 100. Because even in the most complex enterprise environments, security shouldn't be a source of anxiety. It should be one of your greatest competitive advantages.
We call this digital freedom. And it's not just something we provide our customers. It's something that drives our company. People don't come here to join a culture that's built on digital freedom. They come to cultivate it.
Are you an accomplished problem solver with experience creating simplified, improved user experiences and workflows that focus on the user journey? Do you have a strong understanding of how to restructure product documentation to align with content reuse policies and scenario-based writing? Are you passionate about identity security and its role in our world?
If your answer to these questions is "yes," then Ping Identity is looking for you. We've entered an exciting new phase in our knowledge management journey and are focused on expanding our talented, dynamic content development team. We're looking for an information architect to join our growing Knowledge Management team.
The Information Architect will work with the Knowledge Management team to rewrite and reorganize content into a meaningful, task-based structure. Ideal candidates will bring passion, creativity, and drive to a thriving content development group that values teamwork, collaboration, technical prowess, and attention to detail.
- Collaborate in the design, creation, implementation, and support of content architecture, tools, and content development processes.
- Create testing scenarios and processes for new content design changes.
- Collaborate with UX and Product Management to develop personas and experiences that map to the user journey.
- Curate internal documentation Wiki space.
- Collaborate with management to create new Jira workflows and processes.
- Identify new documentation needs or opportunities.
- Stay current on identity security technology and Ping Identity product releases.
- Keep abreast of industry writing trends and knowledge management needs.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Information Management, Content Management, or another related field.
- 5 - 10 years of applicable work experience.
- Extensive experience with structured authoring, DITA, and minimalist writing.
- Experience with content management systems (CCMS).
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Experience building taxonomies and information models.
- Ability to translate business needs into IA solutions.
- Effective troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent written and verbal English-language communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail, with an eye for improving existing work.
- Able to write in explanatory and procedural styles for multiple audiences.
- Self-starter, independent, fast learner, can-do attitude, and great interpersonal skills.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Experience in multi-language publishing environments.
- Experience implementing translation best practices in a publishing environment.
- Identity and Access Management (IAM) experience.
- Experience with enterprise documentation projects and audiences.
- Experience using Oxygen XML Editor.
- Familiarity with accessibility requirements and WCAG 2.0.
- Experience with source control and/or content management systems.
- Familiarity with Ixiasoft CCMS.
- Familiarity with Zoomin Salesforce Service Cloud.
- Software development or application support experience.