Knowledge Management Librarian, Technical Services at MongoDB
The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $106B+ by 2024!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.Description
The Digital Librarian is a new role at MongoDB in charge of Knowledge Management, with a goal to help classify, organize and share technical knowledge and business processes within MongoDB's global Technical Services team for the unit’s strategic benefit.
Our Technical Services team use their exceptional problem solving and customer service skills, along with their deep technical experience, to advise customers and to solve their complex MongoDB problems. The Librarian will work closely with engineers and managers in this team to marshal existing content across our Wiki, documents and other sources, make it accessible, discoverable and to update deprecated materials and fill gaps as needed.
The Librarian will work with an existing Knowledge team (producing Knowledge base articles), Education team (onboarding and continuous training of support engineers) and the Support team (managers and front-line support engineers) who all produce and consume technical content extensively.Responsibilities
- Build a global taxonomy to classify and organize our content, including Support cases, knowledge articles, educational topics, and documentation
- Build systems, processes, and best practices for organizing our content within the developed taxonomy
- Periodically audit and review both the taxonomy and our content for correctness and relevance
- Foster team members' (engineers and manager) contributions to the management of content
- Identify gaps in internal documentation that can be addressed by new content or processes
- Enable the team to find documentation of processes, decisions, and goals to aid in the smooth functioning of the global customer service team
- Work with managers and Knowledge engineers on the handling of technical content
- Improve efficiency by reducing the need to rediscover knowledge
- Help scale the growing team, removing knowledge bottlenecks…..
- Experience managing/designing a large Wiki (on Confluence or similar, preferably on a technical subject)
- Excellent written communication skills in English
- Experience developing reference resources for internal and external audiences.
- Extreme attention to detail
- Enjoys working in complex, technical environments
- The desire and ability to learn a variety of new technical skills
- Experience curating an internal or external knowledge base
- Experience using and administering databases (ideally MongoDB)
- Experience with JIRA or Salesforce
- Experience with Knowledge-Centered Service (KCS) and support case deflection
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
*MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer.