GameSpot’s Lead Tech Editor will help spearhead our efforts to be the leading gamer-focused tech advice and reviews site. Working alongside our dedicated commerce team, the Lead Tech Editor will create industry best reviews on a wide variety of technology categories, as well as create up-to-the-minute deals news and advice to help our audience make the best decisions about their tech purchases.
What They’ll Do
- Oversee the Tech Commerce category for GameSpot, including managing content from both internal staff and external contributors
- Create tech focused editorial coverage, including product reviews, daily deals news, best lists, how-tos, roundups, and more
- Update and maintain commerce content to ensure audience and SEO relevance
- Manage an internal team focused on creating and updating tech content
- Manage content from external contributors, including reviews, roundups, and more
- Assist in the ideation/production of tech-focused video, including appearing on video shows
What We’re Looking For
- 5+ years of experience in covering technology such as PCs, laptops, PC components, game peripherals, and more
- Significant experience in covering these products from a games perspective
- Excellent writing skills
- Deep technical knowledge and expertise
- Extensive contacts within the tech PR and freelancer landscape
- A good understanding of writing commerce/deals focused editorial content
- Comfort/ease to appear in front of camera
Who We Are:
Founded in 2000, Red Ventures is a portfolio of growing digital businesses that bring consumers and brands together through integrated e-commerce, strategic partnerships and many proprietary brands including Bankrate, AllConnect.com and Reviews.com. Headquartered south of Charlotte, NC, Red Ventures has over 3000 employees in offices across the US, as well as London and Sao Paulo. For more information, visit www.redventures.com.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].