FloSports has led the way in establishing a world-class digital streaming experience for millions of fans, families and athletes of over 25 different underserved sports. Imagine creating a digital platform that unites the casual fan with the most dedicated spectator, both experiencing thrilling live events from around the world with interactive features, real time analytics, powerful broadcast technology and more. Combine that with our unique original sports content ranging from breaking news and expert commentary to feature films, documentaries and multi-episodic series. That’s what FloSports is all about. We have successfully revolutionized the global sports media industry- the result of creating a diverse team of technologists and die-hard wrestlers, creators and devoted cheerleading experts, designers and hockey enthusiasts, communicators and motorsport fanatics, producers and casual sports fans… united by a shared passion to delight the underrepresented communities we serve. We are creating a home for underserved sports and we’re looking for people like you to help us!
FloSports is looking to hire a Lead Content Producer for Varsity TV and FloCheer. The Lead Content Producer is the mastermind behind the development of Varsity TV and FloCheer’s content strategy and its implementation. The role requires a strong cheerleading background and an understanding of the nuances of the sport and its community.
The ideal candidate lives and breathes cheerleading and dance, knows the Varsity brand inside and out, has professional content creation experience and is able to bring their innovative and impactful story ideas to life through written and video content.
They know the style of content the community will love and can execute consistently. The ability to effectively plan, multitask, hit deadlines, and engage our audience with engaging content is required.
If you’ve made a name for yourself or a brand by creating cheerleading content that resonates with fans on social media or other platforms, this is the next big step in your career—our team of videographers, producers, editors, and media professionals will help bring your ideas to life in the studio and the field.
We want candidates who not only know what cheer fans want, but have a vision for how content can help make the sport bigger and better.
- Develop a cohesive content strategy that leverages articles and videos published on our web and app platforms that engages fans, markets live events, tells compelling stories, and enhances our brand.
- Turn your unique ideas into original content by tapping into internal resources, including a team of professional video shooters and editors, and external resources, such as a contract labor budget that will allow you to assemble and manage a team of all-star freelancers.
- You will work with your team in content creation meetings, brainstorming to come up with content strategies that will grow and engage the community and constantly improve by eliciting and listening to feedback from your audience.
- Cover live events and travel to gather in-person content with top personalities in the sport—facilitate interviews, capture behind-the-scenes moments, and gather footage to tell stories.
- Host entertaining, informational video segments that may include remote and in-person interviews, shows and vlogs.
- You'll make sure the content you create is in line with our unique voice and brand guidelines.
- Develop and pitch video and written content ideas, including documentary films.
- Use a proprietary digital content management system to publish and feature relevant, timely, compelling content.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Expert knowledge in cheer/dance
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college
- Strong connections with key figures (athletes, coaches, etc.) within the community
- Excellent organizational skills
- Self-motivated and adaptable to change
- Experience with brainstorming and executing a variety of video content concepts
- Familiarity with HTML, photo editing tools (e.g. Photoshop, Pixelmator) and MS Office
- Experience in working with content management systems (CMS)
- Mastery of AP Style
- Knowledge of video editing tools (Final Cut, Premier, Avid)
Varsity Spirit is the worldwide leader in cheerleading and dance team apparel, educational camps and competitions, and has been the driving force behind cheerleading’s dynamic transformation into the high-energy, athletic global phenomenon it is today. While Varsity Spirit’s heritage is rich and its traditions renowned, it continues to be the innovative global leader in growing cheerleading’s influence and profile. The organization’s commitment to the health and well-being of the young people who participate is embedded in its high quality educational curriculum and its leadership in promoting safety standards.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
At FloSports, we are bonded by our passion for sports and our purpose to unite communities around experiences that finally give underserved sports the love they deserve. We recognize the need to build a company that seeks out, embraces, and celebrates our individual differences, ideas, and talent. FloSports is committed to the pursuit of a fair, equal and inclusive workplace where everyone is given the opportunity to grow to their fullest potential. As such, we are intentional in our hiring practices in an effort to overcome systemic biases we may be blind to. FloSports has adopted the “blind recruiting” process, which aims to open our opportunities up to more candidates, help us be more objective in how we review applicants and mitigate bias in our decision making processes.
- Recognized two years in a row as a Top Workplace by the Austin-American Statesman
- Flexibility at work - you can take control of your profession and personal schedule
- Strong remote work culture
- All-hands events hosted twice a year in beautiful Austin, Texas
- Annual equity awards for all top performers
- Competitive and comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans
- Peace of mind through company-paid short-term disability, long-term disability and life insurance
- Generous 401(K) company match
- Progressive parental leave policies
- Unlimited paid time off
- Hack-a-thons and a full calendar of team-building and social events
- Free laundry service for all positions that require travel
- Company donation to youth teams and leagues that our employees coach
- Bring your dog to work- everyday!
- Stocked snack bar, catered lunch and breakfast tacos every week