Lead, Content Strategy at MongoDB
The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $89B+ by 2024!) And MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build outstanding apps that people use every day. We are the top tier modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
MongoDB is looking for a Content Strategy Lead to help build an outstanding content function. In this role, you'll help set and lead the global content strategy and editorial calendar for our developer audience. You will lead a team of content marketers, editors, and writers to grow the quality and quantity of our publishing, expand formats, and work with the Growth Team to open new distribution channels.
You'll use your experience fueling growth through the development of scalable content programs that drive a net new audience, increase conversion rates, and up brand favorability. This position lives within Content Marketing, but is a true partnership with Growth, Developer Relations, Education, and Product Marketing.Responsibilities
- Work cross-functionally to build and lead all aspects of content strategy for our dev audience
- Translate data-centric insights into content strategy, narratives, content journeys, editorial calendars, creative ideas, and roadmaps
- Lead writers, strategists, and marketers while partnering with web, product, and design to execute content programs for the developer and self-serve GTM channel
- Work with Growth to open and expand avenues and formats (audio, streaming, thought leadership, experiential) and established ones (blog, CRM, long-form video, social)
- Write, assign, and edit compelling, clear, and high-performing content to drive value across mediums including digital campaigns, content media partnerships video scripts, web pages, email, and others
- Develop and execute a global audience engagement strategy, collaborating with content operations and the analytics team to perform content deep dives to find opportunities for growth
- Collaborate with cross-functional leaders to utilize market research to keep a constant pulse on our audience and competitive landscape, including to understand customer’s technology needs, as well as values and benefits sought to identify market opportunities across products
- Explore new channels, pushing the MongoDB brand into areas it hasn't previously been such as owned channels, new social channels, and partnerships
- Work with Content Strategy & Insights Lead to develop research and customer immersion programs to unlock meaningful insights on developers to advise a holistic content strategy
- Partner with the Director of Content Operations to run critical metrics, report, and iterate on content performance with a strong emphasis on testing and learning to optimize engagement and conversion
- 15 years of validated experience in technology, solutions marketing, and B2C
- Consistent record of crafting, implementing, and leading a content marketing strategy in support of brand building, community development, acquisition and expansion goals, and thought leadership
- Strong creative sensibilities and a visual eye for design aesthetics and content curation
- Experience building data-centric content strategies across owned, paid, and earned channels
- Integrated marketing and/or campaign experience
- Ability to run multiple projects, identify risks and opportunities along with outstanding skills to consistently set and meet deadlines, prioritize or re-prioritize, and efficiently engage resources
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.