Vrbo is seeking a senior-level copywriter to lead brand writing for the Creative Dept., our internal creative agency. This role reports to the Associate Creative Director of Copy and Crackin’ Wise.
You’ll concept and write for integrated campaigns, brand videos and crazy PR stunts we’ll probably never do but WHAT IF? You’ll also serve as the subject matter expert on our brand voice, dropping knowledge on sucka MCs who try to step to you. But like in a professional, business-y way.
The ideal candidate can both concept and execute at a gloriously high level. You’re overflowing with smart ideas and can bring them to life in a differentiated, engaging way. People often say about you, “Wow, look at Linda, overflowing with smart ideas” or, “My word, Chad sure can bring ideas to life in a differentiated, engaging way.”
An online portfolio is required to apply. For real. No scrubs.
About the Creative Department:
The Creative Dept. is an international, multi-disciplinary group of creatives with a deep curiosity about the world and a passion for travel. As part of the Global Brand team, we’re responsible for imagining, developing and delivering creative that engages our audience and drives results. We’re the dreamers and doers behind global and regional marketing campaigns, always-on channels, and technical initiatives that help scale it all. We seek the industry’s best storytellers, visual artists, and technical experts to help us tell the Vrbo story around the world.
What You’ll do:
- Serve as the day-to-day lead writer for our brand efforts, producing outstanding work that fills our funnel and our hearts
- Concept and write for integrated campaigns that include email, social media, video, longform and landing experiences
- Act as a creative leader on the team, providing mentorship to other writers and creative guidance/editing to external agencies
- Help evolve our brand, ensuring that it feels interesting and authentic, and that we maintain a consistent voice in everything we produce
Who you are:
- A degree in Advertising, English, Journalism, or a related field
- At least 8 years of experience as a copywriter for tourism, lifestyle or consumer brands on an agency or in-house creative team
- Experience developing concepts and writing copy for integrated campaigns
- Experience leading conceptual brainstorms and developing pitches
- A master/mistress of voice and tone
- Motivated, highly organized, flexible and detail oriented
- Strong communication and presentation skills
Critical success factors:
- A conceptual mind: you’re constantly scheming up big ideas and probably carry around a Moleskin everywhere like a real nerd
- A proactive nature: You jump right into projects with both feet and are comfortable taking the lead without a lot of guidance
- A great attitude: Your calm demeanor and relentless positivity inspire those around you
- Strong organizational abilities: While you’re a true creative, you also know it takes process and planning to produce outstanding work at scale
- A drive to meet deadlines: You take pride in consistently delivering outstanding work that’s on target, on brand and on time
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility)
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on vrbo.com
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass
- Casual dress
Why join us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
In 1995, Vrbo introduced a new way for people to travel together, pairing homeowners with families and friends looking for places to stay. We were grounded in one purpose: To give people the space they need to drop the distractions of everyday life and simply be together. Since then, we've grown into a global community of homeowners and travelers, with unique properties in 190 countries around the world. Vrbo makes it easy and fun to book cabins, condos, beach houses and every kind of space in between.
Vrbo is part of HomeAway and the Expedia Group family of brands and offers homeowners and property managers exposure to over 750 million visits to Expedia Group sites each month. To learn more, visit www.vrbo.com.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.