Lead Copywriter at Workrise
As the leading workforce management solution for the skilled trades, Workrise makes it easier for skilled laborers to find work, and for companies to find in-demand workers. Workrise currently operates in wind, solar, construction, oil and gas, and defense industries. We’re growing, and we’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
Workrise is hiring a Lead Copywriter to join our in-house creative team. Our ideal candidate for this role possesses deep multi-disciplinary copy experience; a writer who is just as comfortable writing memorable messaging and copy for full-funnel campaigns as they are building the guidelines and standards that govern new copy creation company-wide. They will have a proven track record of execution individually, as well as experience managing more junior copywriters and/or contract resources to deliver against strategic copy needs. All applicants must submit a portfolio of completed executions to be considered for this role.
Why join us? Brand Design at Workrise is responsible for brand experience across all touchpoints. Focus areas include brand campaigns, new content development, events, guerilla activations, the Workrise hiring brand, social and paid media, product experience, and job site brand experience. As a growing in-house creative team, we are strategic partners to teams across the business. We place a big emphasis on relationships, agility, teamwork, and strategic thinking to deliver exceptional work in a fast-paced, growth-oriented work environment.What you’ll be doing:
- Leading messaging and copywriting for brand experience globally, including UX copy
- In-the-trenches leader and do-er; providing copy support for high-priority deliverables, as well as concepting messaging for new campaigns and activations
- Working collaboratively across the organization to build briefs, align on strategic goals, and support the growth of the business with strategic messaging and copy work
- Contributing to multi-team initiatives including cross-functional stakeholders, agency partners, and other vendors to deliver exceptional creative outcomes
- Collaborating with the creative director, designers and our Lead Producer to push the boundaries in the concepting and development stages for new campaigns and assets
- Managing a stable of contract copy resources to execute on needs across the business, as well as for translation to augment bandwidth on an as-needed basis
- Working with partners in Marketing to refine existing frameworks, formalize messaging, voice and tone guidelines, and ensure consistency across all touchpoints
- Contributing to and maintaining the Brand Center as our single source of truth for the Workrise Brand
- Rolling up your sleeves to clear blockers and find creative solutions to challenges when the going gets tough
- Optimizing and socializing best practices for inclusion of copy resources in the lifecycle of new projects and initiatives
- Minimum of 8+ years experience in agency (in-house or independent) copywriting roles
- A proven track record of exceptional messaging and copy execution both as an individual contributor and as a project leader with additional resources
- High degree of comfort working with creative partners - design, art direction, production - as to deliver strong, results-oriented work
- Experience building, maintaining, and socializing and copywriting guidelines to drive consistency for content creators across large organizations
- Ability to go deep and get granular with technical and/or industry-specific language requirements
- Ability to lead projects independently, bring stakeholders through a process, and have the confidence to push back and/or educate when ideas are proposed that deviate from stated project objectives
- An ambitious, positive and collaborative approach to work. The right candidate loves making things, and always wants to tell the best possible story
- Strong organizational, project management and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience developing UX copy guidelines and frameworks a plus
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus
At Workrise you can feel good about your work and furthering our mission to serve those who do the hard work. We recognize that making an impact matters to you and we believe in providing an environment that fosters that ambition. We welcome you to develop relationships with coworkers by displaying our company values: Own the Mission, Learn and Grow, Solutions Over Ego, and Raise the Bar. In appreciation for your contributions, we support you with various health insurance plan options (including medical, dental, vision), flexible paid time off, and competitive 401k matching.
As a world-class employer, Workrise is committed to providing an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
In 2014, we set out to create a better way to get work done in the Oil & Gas industry. The goal — to build the most reliable and cost-effective workforce solution, using technology to make it easier to manage and deploy workers at scale. Over time, we’ve grown to serve construction, wind, solar, and defense.
We’re a Series E startup, backed by industry-leading investors Founders Fund, Bedrock Capital, Andreesen Horowitz, Baillie Gifford. To date, we’ve placed over 26,000 skilled tradespeople with over 500 businesses and are poised to grow exponentially over the coming months and years.
We’d love to share more through the interview process!