Lead, Product Technical Writer
At Ping Identity, we're changing the way people think about enterprise security technology. With our innovative Identity Defined Security platform, we're helping to build a borderless world where people have total freedom to work wherever and however they want. Without friction. Without fear.
We're headquartered in Denver, Colorado, and we have offices and employees around the globe. And we serve the largest, most demanding enterprises worldwide, including over half of the Fortune 100. Because even in the most complex enterprise environments, security shouldn't be a source of anxiety. It should be one of your greatest competitive advantages.
We call this digital freedom. And it's not just something we provide our customers. It's something that drives our company. People don't come here to join a culture that's build on digital freedom. They come to cultivate it.
Ping Identity Management is looking for a Lead Writer - Product to join our Content Development team. The Content Development team is made up of Lead Writers and Technical Content Editors, led by the Content Development Manager. We serve as the central team building compelling content experiences across products and teams, including technical documentation, product support, solutions, and training.
As a Lead Writer, you will bring your extensive experience as a technical writer to a role that is a little bit information architect and a little bit project manager. You will be meeting with product teams (writers, product managers, and engineering leads), and working with the Content Development team to ensure content is well planned and managed, and can be effectively re-used across content streams. With the rest of the Content Development Team, you will help define, refine, and maintain our content guidelines and best practices. Lead Writers also provide DITA and Markdown mentoring to technical writers on our product teams and ensure that content created by our decentralized writers can be consumed across content delivery streams and follows company practice.
- Collaborate with assigned product teams and technical writers to analyze user needs and preferences
- Based on identified user needs and preferences, work with technical writers to develop information architectures for new and maintained documentation, with an emphasis on identifying opportunities for re-using content across products and across delivery streams.
- Collaborate with other lead writers to develop and maintain reuse libraries of shared content for use across products and delivery streams
- Collaborate with product technical writers to integrate shared content into product documentation
- Collaborate with product technical writers to develop project plans and cross-team editorial calendars
- Collaborate with other members of the Content Development team to define, refine, and maintain content guidelines and best practices
- Mentor technical writers on company and general best practices in DITA and Markdown authoring
- Work with Content Operations to publish technical content
Required skills and experience:
- At least eight years of technical writing experience
- At least two years experience in a software development environment
- Experience working with cross-functional software development teams
- Experience managing technical communication projects
- Experience designing technical communication deliverables, such as online help and manuals
- Experience with DITA
- Experience with an XML editor
Desired skills and experience:
- Experience collaborating with other writers to manage projects and design technical communication deliverables
- Experience contributing to the development and maintenance of team practices
- Experience with Oxygen XML
- Experience with Markdown
- Experience with content management
- Some project management experience
- Experience with Jira and Salesforce
- Experience with Git and Git-based source control platforms such as GitHub and GitLab