Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity, assuming candidates have eligible working rights and a sufficient timezone overlap with their team. As our offices re-open, Atlassians can choose to work remotely or return to an office, unless it’s necessary for the role to be performed in the office. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Atlassian is looking for a Learning Content Developer to design, build, and maintain engaging on-demand product training experiences. As a member of the Atlassian University team, you will define course requirements, collaborate with SMEs, write learning objectives, and create dynamic digital learning experiences in a variety of formats, including video, text, infographics, interactive media, case studies, virtual events, and more. This role requires a unique blend of instructional design expertise and multimedia production skills. You will be joining a small, nimble team that is working to re-imagine Atlassian’s on-demand training for millions of users.
More about you
You are an optimistic, passionate self-starter capable of driving projects from start to finish. You are comfortable building and refining your own tools and sharing your practices with teammates. You excel at simplifying and communicating concepts, including sophisticated workflows and technical information. You seek out feedback from learners and teammates, using agile development strategies to continuously improve the experiences you build and maintain.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- Strong instructional design experience and a deep understanding of adult learning methodologies
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- A record of success in a results-oriented professional environment that requires critical thinking, resourcefulness, and a dedication to high-quality
- Strong sense of autonomy and personal accountability
- Some exposure to Atlassian tools, especially Jira and Confluence
- A strong desire to contribute to Atlassian’s culture
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build engaging, informational, and visually compelling learning experiences
- Work to ensure that all training materials are consistent, up-to-date, and aligned with the larger team and company goals
- Establish positive relationships with SMEs and other partners to ensure learning experiences are designed to improve customer outcomes
- Find new ways to produce content that scales and resonates with our increasingly global audience
- Support the creation of standardized tools, metrics, and evaluation processes across training to ensure a scalable approach when evaluating and addressing learning needs
- Use agile methodology to define, create, develop, and manage content projects through a prioritized backlog
- Collect and analyze course evaluation data to improve training content and effectiveness
- 4+ years of experience in designing, developing, and testing outstanding learning content
- Experience with design tools for eLearning, Articulate Rise 360, Adobe Creative Suite, Captivate, Storyline, Premiere Pro, and Camtasia.
- Excellent writing, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Established methods for working with Subject Matter Experts to target and refine learning objects
- Experience working in technology and SaaS is preferred. Knowledge of Atlassian products is a big plus!
- Multimedia production experience and familiarity with best practices for visual design and video production
- Familiarity with UX design principles
- Ability to communicate abstract or technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to work within pre-defined templates and style guidelines
- Ability to independently scope and run multiple, concurrent projects independently
More about our team
Atlassian University is a small but mighty team of skilled training, product, and marketing professionals. You will be joining the Learning Experience (LX) group, but you will have ample opportunities to collaborate with Atlassians from other teams. University is poised for extraordinary growth, and we look forward to adding your talents and perspective to help us achieve our goals!
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can rock the role, we’d love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.