Live Events Producer at FloSports
FloSports is looking for a Live Events Producer to join our Live Production team in Austin, Texas. The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic, talented, highly-technical live broadcast professional with a passion for providing high-quality live event coverage across 20+ different sports. This role must maintain a hunger to be the best in the industry while overcoming tough challenges that you will be faced with- long hours, challenging weather conditions and mission-critical technical issues. The work is hard but the reward is extremely high. You will expedite the career of your dreams by being entrusted with a lot of responsibility and the opportunity to learn and grow your skillset as well as have a real impact on the success of the company and the sports that we cover.
This position is based in Austin and is a road-warrior. The ability to travel up to 80% and work on evenings/weekends/holidays is a must.
- Be a critical part of a broadcast team in one of the following roles that will vary on an event by event basis: Producer, Production Manager, Director, Assistant Director, Technical Director or Production Coordinator
- Work closely with and help manage the entire production crew which includes event directors, producers, on-air talent, editors, graphics designers, scoring systems personnel and our internal support team
- Stream live events across all of our sports and all levels- everything from a single-mat event to a multi-camera D1 championship
- Be involved in every stage of the production from pre-production through the entire Live broadcast process
- Manage production planning details, schedules, timelines and overall event documentation
- Troubleshoot technology issues and production problems logically, calmly and efficiently
- Take ownership of production quality and help to drive improvements
- Help to build and nurture working relationships with partners, vendors, contingent crew members and other event stakeholders
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Background or education in video production
- Proven experience producing events in a live streaming environment
- Experience with storytelling, editing, shooting, lighting, and audio
- Critical thinking and troubleshooting experience
- Ability to lead, execute and deliver in a fast-paced environment
- Process driven and detail oriented
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to meet high travel requirements, including weekends and holidays
WHO WE ARE:
Founded in 2006, FloSports is a venture-backed OTT subscription video streaming service dedicated to sports, offering live and on-demand access to hundreds of thousands of competition events across 25+ sports in the US and abroad. FloSports’ vision is to finally give underserved sports the love they deserve. With a growing library of more than 300,000 hours of premium content including news, expert commentary, films, documentaries and more, FloSports has established itself as an innovator and leader in sports streaming. Finally, your sport has a home.
HOW WE DO IT:
We are the CEOs of our own work and are accountable for the tasks and responsibilities assigned to us. We take pride in creating the content that fans love. We row in the same direction and work together on our common vision. We build and strengthen our relationships through teamwork and respect. We embrace challenges, ask questions and are allowed to fail as long as we learn. We are passionate about building tribes and communities worth belonging to. We are innovative, curious, and have an appetite for making things better. Does this sound like you? Apply Today!
- Recognized as one of 2020’s Top Workplaces by the Austin-American Statesman
- Competitive and comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans
- Peace of mind through company-paid short-term disability, long-term disability and life insurance
- 401(K) company match
- Progressive parental leave policies
- Flexible paid vacation and work environment
- Free laundry service for all positions that require travel
- Bring your dog to work- everyday!
- Stocked snack bar, catered lunch and breakfast tacos every week
- Modern and collaborative office environment