Medical Writer at Real Chemistry
It's not every day we have a chance to make the world a healthier place—but here, it’s our way of life. Idealistic? Maybe. Deeply pragmatic? Always. Real Chemistry is a global health innovation company that has carved out its space at the intersection between healthcare, marketing and communications, tech, and the people at the heart of it all. It’s with a great sense of purpose that we work together with brave health and wellness companies to create and inspire healthier, happier, and longer lives. It’s our passion. And if you’re still reading, we’re guessing it might be yours too. We are looking to add to our alchemic mix of more than 2,000 talented professionals. At Real Chemistry, we don’t just wish the world was healthier. We leverage tech, data and creativity to make it so. You in?
Recently ranked as The Holmes Report’s #1 place to work among large agencies, Real Chemistry is an integrated marketing and communications firm powered by analytics and specializing in healthcare. We are seeking an amazing Medical Writer to join our growing team. This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic, fast-growing global social media team with 25+ practitioners.
- Develop scientific copy for various deliverables on assigned brands and products
- Provide medical strategy guidance to team by maintaining adequate scientific knowledge base for assigned primary and secondary products
- Work with copywriters to develop scientifically accurate copy
- Understand medical-marketing strategies and content objectives for assigned accounts
- Ongoing review of current literature for related topics, including competitors
- Communicates with KOL’s to ensure accuracy and quality of content in scientific projects
- Reviews promotional collateral directed to professionals (i.e., physicians/nurses)
- Understand and adhere to AMA/client style guidelines as directed
- Ensure the references provided for the project are accurate and research additional references or source materials as necessary
- Check to make sure that citations and references are accurate and highlighted for medical review
- Manage workflow for assigned products and meet associated deadlines
- Incorporate and discuss edits requested by clients, KOL’s, and/or internal reviewers
- Attend kickoff, status, and other job-related meetings
- Ability and desire to make scientific data more compelling and accessible
Required Skills & Experience
- An advanced degree- PhD, PharmD, or MD
- 0-1 year of previous medical writing experience in a medical communications agency, preferred but not essential
- Familiarity with FDA, DDMAC, and PHARMA guidelines
- Strong scientific foundation with capability to rapidly become familiar with therapeutic areas and therapies
- Ability to communicate complex scientific concepts clearly to a wide range of audiences
- Ability to work under pressure; on-time, on-budget completion of programs
- Ability to work in a team and take initiative to provide input to cross-functional team members
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Computer literacy (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, endnote)
Real Chemistry offers a comprehensive benefit program and perks, including unlimited and flexible PTO, expanded paid leave for new parents and a 4th Trimester program that helps new parents transition back to work, and a five-week sabbatical program. Other perks include Income Protection, Retirement plans/401(k) match, and cell phone savings plans. Learn more about our great benefits and perks at: www.realchemistry.com
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Real Chemistry is currently operating with a flexible, hybrid approach and giving our teams the ability to operate in the way that works best for them – at home, in office or a mix. * We trust our people to decide what works best for them, working together with their teams and leaders to support our customers and make the world a healthier place. This policy will continue to be evaluated and may change in the future as we seek to ensure our people stay inspired, engaged, and motivated to do their best work.
*All employees who work in a Real Chemistry office, travel for business, or attend a Real Chemistry sponsored event must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Employees who qualify for a religious or medical exemption to receiving a COVID-19 vaccine are advised to work with our People team for accommodation.
Real Chemistry offers a comprehensive benefit program and perks, including flexible PTO, expanded paid leave for new parents including Your 4th Trimester ® , a program that helps new parents transition back to work, and a five-week sabbatical program. Other perks include Income Protection, Retirement plans/401(k) match, and cell phone savings plans. Learn more about our great benefits and perks at: http://www.realchemistry.com/
Real Chemistry is committed to being an Equal Opportunity employer. As such, we seek motivated and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, ethnic or national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where Real Chemistry operates. We strive to employ, motivate, advance and reasonably accommodate any qualified employees and applicants. We believe diversity of persons and ideas forms the most comprehensive, forward-looking company.