Partner Success Senior Content Developer at Expedia Group
Vrbo.com is looking for Senior Content Developer (Instructional Designer) in north America. Vrbo.com, based in Austin, Texas, is the world leader in vacation rentals with more than 2 million unique places to stay in 190 countries, and is a part of the Expedia Group. Vrbo.com makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. Vrbo also makes it easy for vacation rental owners and property managers (our partners) to advertise their properties and manage their bookings online. The Vrbo Partner Success team has a mission to provide personalized insights and consulting to help our partners achieve their goals and continually improve our shared marketplace.
Our Content, Training, and Coaching team includes professional trainers, designers, and coaches working together to increase the effectiveness of Partner Success Managers and Account Managers who support homeowners and property managers on our platform.
We’re seeking a strong, process-centric content developer with validated analytical and "test and learn" problem-solving skills. You’ll work on an agile end-to-end design of training content for small- and large-scale initiatives that are found across our onboarding programs, product launches, internal processes, and more. You will be accomplished at finding the best possible ways to translate concepts, facts, and information into content that front-line teams and their managers can understand and apply. We value a team that works together, demonstrates participation and openness, and would love a forward-thinking, ambitious, self-governing teammate.What You’ll Do:
- Design training content solutions that tie business needs to partner success outcomes
- Build online content using different mediums including videos, graphics, slide decks, activities, online authoring tools, quizzes, and assessments
- Craft measurable behavioral objectives that tie to leadership and business goals
- Structure and deliver visually appealing materials that support the learner's experience
- Design content that sets our facilitators up for success, enabling them to present high-quality instructional content that works globally
- Understand our employees and stay current on their needs and feedback
- Collaborate effectively across multiple channels both inside and outside your team
- Design in a shared, agile environment with an intentional bias to action
- Present ideas clearly with powerful content writing skills
- Have the ability to handle both executive leadership and operational teams, adapting your style to different business and people priorities
- Validated experience writing powerful content that considers the user experience
- Bring a strong sense of personal accountability for project success
- Thrive amongst ambiguity and change, including pivoting quickly when the business requires it
Experience and qualifications:
- 4+ years experience in end-to-end content development
- Experience in writing highly effective content
- Excellent verbal, written, and social communication
- Experience in developing across multiple content types
- Strong "people" skills and an ability to prioritize based on the needs of the business
- Experience writing and developing training on functional job skills and competencies
- Knowledge and deep understanding of adult learning theory and instructional design methodologies for classroom based, self-guided, and virtual training
- Ability to deliver on multiple simultaneous projects within tight timeframes
- Aptitude for technical topics, data, and reporting
- Can demonstrate expertise and direct themselves independently while being autonomous
- Ability to work effectively on global and virtual teams and accommodate time differences
- Experience with authoring tools and multimedia (Camtasia, Articulate, etc.)
- Experience working within training, knowledge management, and content management systems
- Experience incorporating feedback to assess training effectiveness and evolving training content
- Experience collecting, analyzing, and summarizing training outcomes, data, and trends
- Experience communicating and gaining leadership agreement on training content
- Experience making recommendations to aid leaders in decision-making around content development needs and approaches
- Strong and validated experience in project planning and coordination
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility)
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on vrbo.com
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass
- Casual dress
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them with tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.About Vrbo
In 1995, Vrbo introduced a new way for people to travel together, pairing homeowners with families and friends looking for places to stay. We were grounded in one purpose: To give people the space they need to drop the distractions of everyday life and simply be together. Since then, we've grown into a global community of homeowners and travelers, with unique properties in 190 countries around the world. Vrbo makes it easy and fun to book cabins, condos, beach houses and every kind of space in between.
Vrbo is part of HomeAway and the Expedia Group family of brands and offers homeowners and property managers exposure to over 750 million visits to Expedia Group sites each month. To learn more, visit www.vrbo.com.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.