The Points Guy | Credit Cards Editor at Red Ventures
The Credit Cards Editor will be responsible for helping the other Credit Cards Editor assign, revise and schedule stories about travel rewards credit cards, including those from airlines and hotels as well as proprietary issuer points programs.
This person must be highly organized to oversee day-to-day coverage of credit card news, as well as ensuring timely updates of our library of longer-form features and in-depth guides. They will work closely with the other Cards Editor to help hone our writers’ reporting skills, and provide administrative backup so that our editorial production process becomes as streamlined as possible.
A wide-ranging interest in travel, and specifically rewards credit cards, combined with proven research skills and a quick yet detail-oriented eye for editing are all extremely important.
What You'll Do:
- Report and publish your own 4-7 weekly posts on the latest credit card news.
- Help assign and edit other stories, managing the weekly calendar of credit card content.
- Update older posts to reflect new program details and/or changing benefits.
- Consistently improve the quality of TPG’s editorial coverage.
- Work closely with our other verticals, including the credit cards and travel/lifestyle team teams to coordinate coverage of news.
- Understand SEO value and employ best practices for SEO.
- Be engaged on data for our editorial content and use it to make informed decisions about coverage.
What We're Looking For:
- Extensive knowledge of various airline, hotel and credit card loyalty programs along with a network of contacts and sources at the various issuers.
- Excellent at evaluating writers’ strengths and weaknesses, and assigning them pieces appropriately while also helping them develop their writing skills over time.
- A team player who can easily switch gears from one beat to another, including rapidly produced news stories and more in-depth features, according to priorities.
- A passion for points credit cards as well as the travel opportunities they can present, plus a strong grasp of the history and differences among the major travel credit card issuers as well as the major airline and hotel loyalty programs.
- Polished, confident writing and grammar skills, experience writing and editing in AP Style.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of writing and editing experience in credit cards and/or personal finance.
Who We Are:
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.
For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected]