PS Content developer
Vrbo.com is looking for a Content Developer (Instructional Designer) in North America. Vrbo.com, based in Austin, Texas, is the world leader in vacation rentals with more than 2 million unique places to stay in 190 countries and is a part of the Expedia Group. Vrbo.com makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. Vrbo also make it easy for vacation rental owners and property managers (our partners) to advertise their properties and look after bookings online. The Vrbo Partner Success team has a mission to provide personalized insights and consulting to help our partners achieve their goals and continually improve our shared marketplace.
Our Content, Training, and Coaching team includes professional trainers, designers, and coaches working together to increase the effectiveness of Partner Success Managers and Account Managers who support homeowners and property managers on our platform.
We’re looking for a motivated, analytical content developer who is quick to pick up new concepts and ideas. You’ll work on an agile end-to-end design of training content for small- and large-scale initiatives that are found across our onboarding programs, product launches, internal processes, and more. You will be adept at finding the best ways to translate concepts, facts, and information into content that front-line teams and their managers can understand and apply. We value a team that works together, demonstrates participation and openness, and would love a forward-thinking, ambitious, self-governing teammate.
What You’ll Do:
- Write articles, build slide decks, and develop online knowledge and training content
- Organize, maintain, and evaluate training content
- Structure and deliver visually appealing materials that support the learner's experience
- Understand our employees and stay current on their needs and feedback
- Design alongside your peers in a shared agile environment with a bias to action
Who You Are:
- Present ideas clearly, with powerful content writing skills
- Write cleanly and concisely, with a deep understanding of making complex concepts easy to understand
- Demonstrate personal accountability for project success
- Ability to thrive among ambiguity and change, including pivoting quickly when the business requires it
Experience and qualifications:
- 2+ years experience in content development and communications
- Experience in building highly effective content
- Excellent verbal, written, and social communication
- Experience developing across multiple content types
- Strong "people" skills and an ability to prioritize
- Experience crafting and developing training on functional job skills and competencies
- General understanding of instructional design methodologies for classroom based, self-guided, and virtual training
- Ability to run several concurrent projects within tight timeframes
- Ability to work independently and be focused
- Experience with Microsoft Office including PowerPoint, Excel, and Word; experience with Google products and Google Classroom a plus
- Experience working within training, knowledge management, and content management systems
- Experience collecting and incorporating training content feedback
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility)
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on vrbo.com
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass
- Casual dress
Why join us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them with tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
In 1995, Vrbo introduced a new way for people to travel together, pairing homeowners with families and friends looking for places to stay. We were grounded in one purpose: To give people the space they need to drop the distractions of everyday life and simply be together. Since then, we've grown into a global community of homeowners and travelers, with unique properties in 190 countries around the world. Vrbo makes it easy and fun to book cabins, condos, beach houses and every kind of space in between.
Vrbo is part of HomeAway and the Expedia Group family of brands and offers homeowners and property managers exposure to over 750 million visits to Expedia Group sites each month. To learn more, visit www.vrbo.com.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.