RFP Writer at BigCommerce
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
Reporting to the Director, Sales Engineering, you’ll leverage your business and BigCommerce knowledge to respond to RFP’s and RFI’s from mid-market and enterprise merchants. The Proposal Writer works with our Senior Sales Engineers, InfoSec Team, and Account Executives to formulate responses to RFPs and ensure timely responses to customers. The ideal candidate will have an ownership mentality of the RFP process and the ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders to ensure accurate and high-quality responses.
What You’ll Do:
- Accept and read inbound request for proposal requests from mid-market and large enterprise customers, and in consultation with Sales Engineers and using a combination of RPF response libraries and your own product knowledge articulate a strategy for response.
- Analyze customer’s requirements, and write proposals that comply wholly with the RFP requirements.
- Demonstrate competency in editing for content, tone, accuracy, key messages and win themes
- Proofread work to eliminate grammatical errors and formatting issues.
- Maintain the RFP knowledge repository, keeping answers up to date and ensuring new data points are incorporated into the answer libraries.
- Partner with Competitive Intelligence and Marketing to formulate answers that put our product in the best possible position.
- Ensure components of an RFP are distributed to the correct parties and track timelines and deliverables.
- Become fluent in competitive positioning and be effective in differentiating BigCommerce.
Who You Are:
- 3+ years of related professional experience responding to product RFPs and RFIs at a technology company
- BA/BS in technology or business technology or equivalent experience required
- Ability to document responses from technical stakeholders
- Excellent technical writing skills
- Experience with commerce solutions and applications including POS, product catalogs, order management, ERP and payment gateways a plus.
- Attention to detail and exemplary organizational skills
- Driven - You are energetic, self-starting, and have a sense of urgency and passion for winning
- Personable - You maintain a positive attitude, build others up, and relate well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization
- Effective Prioritizer - You effectively manage your workload and prioritize activities
- Problem Solver - You’re adept at using critical thinking to assess and solution for prospects with low to moderate levels of sophistication and complexity
- Thoughtful - You anticipate where potential issues are and plan your approach accordingly
- Collaborative - You collaborate readily and easily and are able to motivate multiple groups toward accomplishing a task
- Master Communicator - You possess strong verbal, presentation, written, listening, and organizational skills
- Credible - You possess relevant business and industry knowledge, project mature self-confidence, and can hold your own with members of an executive team
- Ethical - You believe in our mission, share our values and understand that it’s not just about what you get done, but also how you do it
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.