Senior Copywriter & Content Manager
A Cloud Guru is the world's leading provider of online IT education. We focus on providing high-quality, affordable and engaging on-demand video courses to hundreds of thousands of professionals. We help our students learn new skills, gain valuable industry certifications, and excel in their careers.
It’s an exciting time at A Cloud Guru - we’ve taught over 600,000 students since our inception 3 years ago; received US venture capital funding with a recent $2M raise in May; and we're now focusing on building out our B2B feature set and product offering.
We're a place for creativity, empowerment, and trust. It’s somewhere that you can do your best work. We were founded by two brothers who wanted to disrupt traditional training by providing affordable virtual training to students that may not have had the same opportunity otherwise. Our brand is down-to-earth, empowering, and relatable. A Cloud Guru is built on empathy and creativity.
What we're looking for
As our Senior Copywriter, you will produce both short term and long term content with a focus on wit and humor to match our brand and bring even more creativity to A Cloud Guru!
We have a ‘teach it to you like your 5’ simplicity and witty personality – both of which need to come across in all marketing touch points!
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Source, optimize, and publish compelling and creative on-message and on-brand content
- Own the content development strategy and development of related assets
- Ability to write witty messages and create humor from the otherwise mundane.
- Coordinate and provide technical expertise for product promotions and marketing campaigns, as well as when needed across the organization
- Manage outside resources/freelancers to produce high quality assets
- Own the content management strategy for our Content Course Development team – including exam questions, course content, course descriptions, and original series scripts
- Collaborate with design partners to influence page layout, interactions, and visual design
What you'll need in order to be successful:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 7+ years copywriting with a combination of technical copywriting and creative storytelling
- Ability to move fluidly from the big picture to the smallest detail
- Strong project management abilities
- Experience writing marketing content and manage freelance writers
- Bonus points if you’ve worked with AWS, Google Cloud, or other cloud providers!
Working with us
Our people matter to us. We know everyone has family and friends and for that reason our employees receive 20 days (4 weeks) of leave each year. We understand that time away from work is important and we know well-rested and well-rounded people make better decisions…and ultimately are more productive when at work!
We pay commensurate with experience and we make sure you’re looked after when it comes to benefits.
Our team is spread across the globe - mainly in the US and Australia. Our Marketing and Brand teams work together in Austin, Texas.
For this position we will need you to join our team in our offices in Austin, Texas. We prefer hands on collaboration so this position is not available for remote workers. Unfortunately we're unable to sponsor people into the US at this time.
We are a fast-growing team with big ambitions. We need people who can help us build a solid foundation for the future. If you want to make a difference in a fast-growing team, now is the time to join.
Read Full Job Description