Senior Copywriter & Content Strategist at ShipStation
ShipStation is looking for a prolific wordsmith and talented copywriter. A successful content marketer and writer will write and produce various projects (including blog) regularly, to expand our company’s digital footprint, awareness, subscribers, and leads. This role requires a high level of creativity, a dedication to metrics and reporting, and project management skills. This role will also manage our PR channels and must be detail oriented and well organized. You will be a primary point of contact for all things “words” for content and prove your genius through data.
- Create campaigns each month to drive leads, subscribers, feature adoption, awareness, and/or other important metrics, while creating additional types of content using SEO best practices (examples include ebooks, blogs, whitepapers, case studies, infographics, guides, etc.)
- Blog on an ongoing basis in support of your other projects and to attract site visitors through search, social, and our email subscribers
- Manage the blog and work to promote its content through various channels (consistently finding new opportunities for expanding our reach)
- Collaborate with designers, product marketing, sales, and external influencers and industry experts to produce relevant content that meets the needs of both key stakeholders and our audience
- Writing/editing duties as needed by the company (example: website & print copy)
- Write User Stories and Case Studies
- Ad hoc duties
- BA/BS degree or equivalent working experience.
- Past experience producing content for the web specifically, as well as channel-specific knowledge (blog, social, PR, etc.)
- Expert at efficient research, writing, and editing
- Past experience building audiences either online or offline.
- In-depth knowledge of Wordpress, Social Channels, and Hubspot
- A dual-minded approach: You’re highly creative and an excellent writer but are also process-driven and rely on data to make decisions. You must measure all efforts and prove through data, in everything you do, whether your work is either failing or succeeding at generating trials, feature adoption, and meaningful education.
What you are looking for in your career:
- An office full of extremely talented, mission-driven people.
- The chance to use your skills to help a huge range of customers and business compete in the new and growing e-commerce landscape
- A company where you feel connected to and appreciated by your customers and coworkers for being great at your job
- Catered lunch at least once a week in a cool office space, in a great location inside one of the best cities in the USA (Austin!)
- Health, dental, vision insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase and 401k plans
- Flexible vacation and paid holidays
- Weekly catered lunch
- Drinks and snacks + beer
ShipStation is on a mission to make every seller, wherever they sell and however they ship, exceptionally efficient at fulfilling orders. We are looking for insanely talented people who want to jump in and roll up their sleeves with us to make it happen. By furthering your career at ShipStation, you’ll enjoy the challenging work as well as the especially stellar benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled