Senior Copywriter - Contract to hire
Shipwell(R) is transforming the supply chain industry by replacing opaque and manual processes through a tech-enabled, fully connected logistics ecosystem with more than 500,000 carrier partners. Our platform uses machine learning to analyze over 100 million rows of real-time data every day, reducing waste and friction, delivering better business intelligence, and driving continuous improvement across our customer supply chains. Shipwell is proud to be recognized by industry experts as a leader in shipping and logistics, including FreightTech 25.Our Culture
Shipwell is a fast-paced, high-energy start-up that strives to build the future of shipping every day. Diversity of thought and cross-department collaboration is very important to us. We deliver open, honest, careful communication and work as hard as we play. We create & deliver solutions that are revolutionizing the industry, which brings excitement and purpose to our work. If you are looking for a place that will help you tap into your best work-self and give you hands-on experience building something big, then we invite you to come and build the future of shipping with us!What you’ll do when you get here:
We are looking for a strong individual contributor with 7+ years of experience of developing content for B2B customers, preferably in house (agency experience will be considered). While this role sits on the marketing team, you will collaborate closely with the product and sales teams with a broad scope of work, ranging from campaign and owned channel copy, to technical writing, and sales collateral.
- Continually raise the bar on creativity, writing fresh copy that connects with our core audience in a succinct and digestible language
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of products and services, revising evergreen content and developing new content and needed
- Aid in development of appropriate style guidelines and brand voice for consistency in messaging
- Interpret creative briefs to develop and produce creative concepts in partnership with our graphic design and campaign strategy team
- Write original copy and edit content for a range of marketing, product marketing, and sales marketing collateral
- Present copy concepts and final deliverables, revise copy based on stakeholder feedback
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, english, communications, or related discipline
- Minimum 7 years professional copywriting experience with solid portfolio of work
- Ability to work independently and with a larger creative team to meet deadlines develop cohesive concepts across copy and design
- Technical writing or related experience with subject matter experts
- Experience writing both long form (owned channels and web) and short form (digital, paid media) content
- Strong knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the rules of composition and grammar.
- Demonstrated ability to absorb, analyze, and understand new information, technologies and practices quickly
- Experience working with content management systems, WordPress, etc.
- Experience in shipping or logistics industry is a plus
- Social media or content marketing experience a plus
- In house experience preferred, but not required
- Career growth opportunities
- Friendly and inclusive company culture
- Team building events and office celebrations
- Competitive compensation with company stock options
- Company sponsored healthcare, dental, and vision insurance
- The kitchen is fully stocked with local coffee, drinks, and snacks
- An open work environment where everyone has a voice
- Subsidized gym, cell phone, learning and commuter reimbursements. Oh yeah, and entertainment reimbursement, we’ve got you covered!
- An exceptional team of passionate, bright, and inspirational coworkers
For more information about Shipwell visit shipwell.com, or connect with us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.