JOB DESCRIPTION- Senior Editor and On-Air Presenter, FloGrappling
The Senior Editor and On-Air Presenter of FloGrappling will be the idea generator who leads the content team. Lead and teach the FloGrappling editorial team to be the best media source for Jiu-Jitsu/grappling news. As a critical content provider for our organization, the individual filling this leadership role must be a jiu-jitsu and grappling expert.
This role is based in Austin, Texas.
- Develop great web content, both written and video, from the idea phase to publishing. Spotlight the top athletes and personalities in jiu-jitsu and grappling with interesting stories.
- Travel around the world to create first-class on-site coverage of live events: Interview the athletes, write compelling recaps, and feature the biggest stories of each event.
- Lead team in content creation meetings and brainstorming to come up with a plan that attracts readers and makes them want to stick around for more. Listen to audience and adjust plans accordingly.
- Lend grappling expertise to our live events by serving as the lead on-air broadcaster for FloGrappling productions.
- Host on-air studio shows that discuss current events within the international grappling landscape.
- Seek out and utilize the best freelancers in the business and help them create first-rate content.
- Handle multiple content projects at once. Stay on top of subscription and sales initiatives and help the team deliver required assets on deadline.
- Be a news hound, staying on top of every story and news item unfolding in jiu-jitsu and grappling to ensure comprehensive coverage for the readers.
- Make sure the content is in line with our unique brand and style guide.
- Be a social media influencer, actively participating in the jiu-jitsu and grappling community while marketing the content to those who seek it. Help find other big social media gurus who can help promote the content around the world.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- 5 years’ experience writing and editing news stories (in any media) about Jiu-Jitsu & grappling and/or wrestling
- 3 years’ experience working within digital sports, include experience writing and posting on social media about the Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu world.
- 3 years’ experience managing a team of content producers
- 1 year of experience in a lead editorial role in in sports media, using AP Style
- 2 years’ experience with video editing tools (e.g. Adobe Premier and Creative Suite) and photo editing tools (e.g. Adobe PhotoShop and Adobe Creative Suite)
- 2 years’ experience working with Web content analytics, using tools (e.g. Google Analytics, Youtube Analytics, Periscope)
- Attainment of a Brazilian Jiu-jitsu black belt
- Travel Requirement per annum for the role (%): 15-30%