Senior Editor, FloRacing at FloSports
FloSports Inc. is seeking to hire a Senior Editor to lead one of our most popular sports channels, FloRacing.
The Senior Editor is an idea generator who leads the content team. They know the difference between something that's awesome and something that isn't, and they’re willing to lead and teach their team. They're a motorsports maven, and can dominate any debate regarding any aspect of the sport—from midgets to motocross.
Our ideal candidate has a thirst for knowledge and an insatiable desire to win. We’re looking for someone who won’t settle for second-best, no matter the situation.
- Manage a team of content creators that develops great web content, both written and video, from the idea phase to publishing. Spotlight the top drivers, riders and personalities in your sport with interesting stories.
- Travel around the country to deliver compelling on-site coverage of live events. Interview the athletes, write and film compelling content, and tell the biggest stories of each event.
- Lead your team in meetings to come up with content plans that engage subscribers, attract potential subscribers, and make them want to stick around for more. Listen to your audience and adjust plans accordingly.
- Seek out and utilize the best freelancers you can find, and help them create killer content.
- Handle multiple content projects at once—because you're a multi-tasking machine. Stay on top of subscription and sales initiatives and help our team deliver required assets on deadline.
- Be a news hound, staying on top of every story and news item unfolding in your sport to ensure you provide comprehensive coverage to your community of fans.
- Make sure the content you create and manage is in line with our unique brand and style guide.
- Be a social media influencer, actively participating in your community while marketing the content you create to those who seek it. Find other big social media gurus who can help promote your content around the world.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- You're an authority on your sport and obsessive about staying on top of the latest developments.
- You're a fantastic writer and editor. Grammar mistakes drive you crazy.
- You know what compelling video content looks like and how to get it. You’re comfortable behind the camera and in front of it.
- You love the feeling of breaking news before anyone else, but you also understand that being right is more important than being first.
- You're organized. You know how to prioritize your time. You manage multiple projects with ease.
- You're creative and analytical. You enjoy coming up with unique takes on stories and refuse to do something that has been done before. You thrive on taking an idea and making it a reality.
- You work well with senior management, but you can also work independently. You take leadership and ownership of your team.
- You wake up each day looking for a win. You can't wait to create new ideas and then execute them to perfection. You're competitive and driven to be the best.
- You have a bachelor's degree from a four-year college.
- Highly organized, self-motivated and adaptable to change.
- Knowledge of HTML, photo editing tools (e.g. Photoshop, Pixelmator) and MS Office.
- Knowledge of AP Style is preferred.
- Knowledge of video editing tools (Final Cut, Premier, Avid) is preferred.
- Output: Volume of content produced.
- Quality: Content that resonates with racing fans and moves the needle.
- Acquisition: Content that attracts new subscribers to FloRacing and helps to further promote our events.
WHO WE ARE:
Founded in 2006, FloSports is a venture-backed OTT subscription video streaming service dedicated to sports, offering live and on-demand access to hundreds of thousands of competition events across 25+ sports in the US and abroad. FloSports’ vision is to finally give underserved sports the love they deserve. With a growing library of more than 300,000 hours of premium content including news, expert commentary, films, documentaries and more, FloSports has established itself as an innovator and leader in sports streaming. Finally, your sport has a home.
HOW WE DO IT:
We are the CEOs of our own work and are accountable for the tasks and responsibilities assigned to us. We take pride in creating the content that fans love. We row in the same direction and work together on our common vision. We build and strengthen our relationships through teamwork and respect. We embrace challenges, ask questions and are allowed to fail as long as we learn. We are passionate about building tribes and communities worth belonging to. We are innovative, curious, and have an appetite for making things better. Does this sound like you? Apply Today!
- Recognized as one of 2020’s Top Workplaces by the Austin-American Statesman
- Recognized in the following BuiltinAustin Lists for 2021: Best Places to Work, Best Midsize Company, and Best Paying Company
- Competitive and comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans
- Peace of mind through company-paid short-term disability, long-term disability and life insurance
- 401(K) company match
- Progressive parental leave policies
- Flexible paid vacation and work environment
- Free laundry service for all positions that require travel
- Bring your dog to work- everyday!
- Stocked snack bar, catered lunch and breakfast tacos every week
- Modern and collaborative office environment