Senior Editor, Homeownership at Red Ventures
Red Ventures is looking for a Senior Homeownership Editor to join our Bankrate team. If you’re passionate about helping people understand which renovations add the most value to a home, how to remodel a kitchen, or the best products that homeowners must know about, this is the role for you.
This editor will lead the strategy for homeownership content, identify and hire additional editors to join the homeownership team and work alongside the SEO team to establish content priorities. The editor should have strong editing skills, as well as project management, communication and collaboration skills. An ability to work well in an editorial team setting is a must.
What You'll Do:
- Use search interest data to develop a robust content calendar
- Identify, pitch, assign and edit homeownership-related articles that rank on search
- Hire additional editors to round out the homeownership team
- Build a network of freelance writers to scale content output
- Assign updates to existing content (guides, comparisons, news, etc.) for timeliness and accuracy
- Work closely with SEO analysts to identify priorities and execute a content strategy
- Stay up to date on industry news and trends to detect content opportunities
- Edit internally and externally produced content for AP Style, brand voice and tone
- Check story drafts for errors, typos and linking opportunities
- Prepare, upload and maintain stories in our content management system (WordPress)
- Embrace opportunities to manage and mentor editors and coach them on best practices and our publishing process
What We're Looking For:
- At least 3 years of writing/editing experience
- Excellent research, writing and editorial skills, with the ability to effectively communicate edits to writers
- Excellent project management and communication skills
- Experience meeting tight deadlines while working independently to manage multiple projects
- Ability to adapt quickly to shifting priorities while keeping up with fast-paced content production processes
- Ability to edit content based on SEO concepts and best practices
- Ability to grasp the voice, style and tone of the Bankrate brand
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with a team and individually as needed
- Knowledge and interest in personal finance
- Experience with AP Style
- Unless otherwise prohibited by law, if a candidate is successful and a conditional job offer is made, the candidate then will be required to submit proof of a full vaccination series against COVID-19. Requests for reasonable accommodations on the basis of disability or religious belief will be considered on an individualized basis.
Who We Are:
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.
For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected]