Senior Executive Communications Manager
We're hiring an Executive Communications Senior Manager. Thinking strategically, executing tactically, and having experience with executive positioning, executive media relations and especially speaker's bureau programs are important parts of the role. Are you articulate, collaborative, adaptable, and passionate about driving culture, employee alignment and success? We'd love to have you join the marketing communications team. Your primary responsibility is to be responsible for the implementation of strategic executive communications platforms that elevate our profile, advance WP Engine's business priorities and reinforce our brand. Thought leadership marketing and strategic positioning development lie at the core of this role. You'll liaise with company executives to provide strategic and tactical communications advice. Having the skills to navigate ambiguity with aplomb while also thriving under deadlines will ensure you'll thrive in our startup environment.
We are looking for someone who can come up with thought-provoking ideas and create engaging copy and presentations on tight deadlines. If you have a strong writing background with a successful track record of working with senior leaders in the private or public sector, we urge you to apply.
- Partner with key stakeholders groups across different functional areas (i.e. Senior Leadership Team, Employee Engagement, Customer Experience, R&D, Sales, Engineering, Marketing, etc.) and provide support and counsel on messaging and positioning to ensure internal & external communications are compelling and aligned to company goals and the respective audiences.
- Work with the Senior Leadership Team members to support executive communications including presentations, blogs, videos, etc.
- Draft speeches and talking points, messaging, video scripts, blogs and other materials for leaders.
- Create content in different formats, for different channels and targeting different audiences e.g. keynotes, webinars, long-form, short-form; social media, web, video, etc.
- Develop compelling narratives and thought leader positioning, and continuously look for ways to bolster and innovate on the strategic positioning.
- Engage in sustained executive media relations that deliver high visibility placements in business publications.
- Enthusiastically learn and assimilate knowledge about emerging technologies and frame contextually how they benefit business and society.
- Build strong relationships and offer tactical and essential communications advice to leaders.
Work with teams across the company - including communications, content, social, brand, analyst relations, corporate and internal communications - towards strategic profile and reputation building as well as effective content marketing.
Develop keynote presentations and videos for external and internal use with proficiency.
Work closely with the team on a wide range of communications tasks.
Keys To Success:
- You love to read and write and enjoy creating content.
- You have strong attention to detail and enjoy taking complex topics and distilling them into easy-to-read pieces of content for the layperson.
- You are interested in the intersection of technology and marketing and have some experience or interest working with the Web, WordPress or other web content management systems.
- You are a hard worker and a quick learner, looking for a challenging environment where you can grow.
- A superior command of written language, forward-thinking communication skills, high standards for quality, grit, positivity, drive, holistic thinking, and hands-on creativity.
- The ability to hit tight deadlines and calmly change direction on a dime.
- A passion for streamlining - you are highly organized, articulate, and communicative, with air-tight judgment.
- Ability to gracefully give, synthesize, and incorporate feedback.
- Persistence, especially in proactive pitching efforts.
- Shown knack for simplifying complex technical information, as well as identifying the angle that will make a story most compelling to a given audience, including enterprise leaders, and of course, reporters.
- You value the power of the written word, and the impact of releasing boring/inaccurate/messy/off-brand content into the wild
- Ability to collaborate with, inspire, support, and influence leaders at all levels, with charisma and an open mind.
- 10+ years of related experience, either in-house or agency side, are necessary for the job.
- Experience working in technology and/or an agency is highly desirable.
Come join us and become a part of our award-winning culture. We're a hyper-growth, well-funded tech company that's leading WordPress and helping to build the digital experiences of tomorrow right in the heart of downtown Austin.
This isn't a job opening, it's a career builder. Apply today