We are seeking a Senior Health Writer to work closely with the Clinical Operations team to conceptualize, write, edit, and manage lessons and infographics for a variety of health conditions. In this role you will work to maximize user engagement and improve the user experience. The ideal candidate for this role will understand the effective tactics for communicating health information and understand user motivations, challenges, and mechanisms of behavior change. We are looking for a candidate that has an empathy first mindset and is driven by the One Drop mission.
You'll make an impact by:
- Working with internal and external clinical teams to create chronic condition behavior change lessons
- Translating dense medical/condition management information into fun, easy-to-read, engaging pieces
- Writing/editing lessons and infographics to increase health knowledge, self-knowledge, and habit formation
- Collaborating with a team of writers to build out editorial calendars for a variety of health conditions
- Writing audio/video scripts
- Helping people manage their health for the long term
- Bachelor’s degree in digital communication, journalism, English, or related programs
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in digital and/or health content creation
- Ability to write well-researched content quickly that catches attention, retains interest, encourages continued engagement, and forms a relationship between users and One Drop
- A passion for words and health communication
- Excellent editing, writing, and creative shaping skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Experience working with content management systems
- Background in education or curriculum development
- To deeply impact the lives of people with chronic conditions
- The opportunity to contribute at an early stage startup and help develop the future of healthcare
- Competitive salary and equity commensurate with experience and performance
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance and 401k plan
- Yearly Professional Development budget
- Unlimited vacation days
- Beautiful loft office space conveniently located in Downtown Austin
- Weekly catered lunches, company swag, company outings, and other surprises when you start
One Drop is the future of healthcare. Our mission is to develop technology that ensures all people living with diabetes and other chronic conditions can thrive. We harness the power of data science and mobile computing to make healthcare more affordable, accessible, and effective.
Our clinically proven mobile platform combines AI-powered predictive insights, personalized health coaching, and FDA-approved connected devices to simplify self-care. And it works. People using the One Drop platform have seen significant improvements in their health in just a few weeks.
Today, the rate of people living with chronic conditions is increasing dramatically, and traditional approaches to healthcare cannot possibly scale to reach them all. We exist to serve those people and help them lead their best lives. www.onedrop.today
At One Drop, we recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. One Drop provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
To all recruitment agencies: One Drop does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or One Drop employees. One Drop is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description