As the leading workforce management solution for the skilled trades, Workrise makes it easier for skilled laborers to find work, and for companies to find in-demand workers. Workrise currently operates in wind, solar, construction, oil and gas, and defense industries. We’re growing, and we’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
Workrise is hiring a Senior Manager, Internal Communications. This role will work directly with the co-founders and executive team on a daily basis to drive company-wide internal programs that achieve measurable results. Our ideal candidate will have deep experience leading communications strategy and program management to mobilize employees behind a mission and strategy.
Why join us? The Brand and Communications Team is responsible for bringing the Workrise mission to life internally and externally to ultimately drive long-term revenue growth for the business. We’re a team of strategists and creative thinkers who aren’t afraid to roll up our sleeves to make things happen. We also make it a point to have some fun along the way.
This isn’t just another tech communications job. It’s a unique opportunity to enable a team who is fundamentally changing perceptions of blue collar work; by empowering the people who get hard work done. Not only is this a unique business challenge, eliminating the skilled labor gap is key to solving our nation’s infrastructure woes — and Workrise is leading the charge. Come join us as we put 1 million people to work by 2030.What you’ll be doing:
- Developing internal and executive communications platforms to ensure our co-founders and extended executive team are telling a consistent story to employees
- Defining and owning internal alignment metrics
- Driving internal communications strategy and programs to mobilize the team behind our mission and strategy (i.e. Town Halls, intranet, newsletters, etc.)
- Translating business goals into confidence-building and energizing programs for employees
- Building a strong partnership with our external communications team to ensure consistency across internal and external channels
- Leading, developing, and growing a high-performing internal communications team
- Deep experience leading internal communications, experience at a fast-paced organization is highly preferred
- Excellent written, verbal, and advisory skills, including speech writing experience
- Demonstrated capacity to guide executives, understand their motivations and translate these into programs that mobilize employees behind a mission and strategy
- Curiosity to deeply understand a problem before proposing a solution; and the ability to develop and clearly articulate a communications strategy based on this understanding
- Strong portfolio of written business communications that were successful in communicating complex topics across a variety of channels
- Demonstrated project management skills, including ability to manage several campaigns and initiatives at once, prioritizing and working under tight deadlines
- Experience growing and developing by setting and delivering on ambitious, measurable goals
- Low ego — you care about outcomes and team successes over individual credit
- Courageous, discerning, curious, and agile — you believe there are always better ways to get things done
At Workrise you can feel good about your work and furthering our mission to serve those who do the hard work. We recognize that making an impact matters to you and we believe in providing an environment that fosters that ambition. We welcome you to develop relationships with coworkers by displaying our company values: Own the Mission, Learn and Grow, Solutions Over Ego, and Raise the Bar. In appreciation for your contributions, we support you with various health insurance plan options (including medical, dental, vision), flexible paid time off, and competitive 401k matching.
As a world-class employer, Workrise is committed to providing an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
In 2014, we set out to create a better way to get work done in the oil & gas industry. The goal — to build the most reliable and cost-effective workforce solution, using technology to make it easier to manage and deploy workers at scale. And while our commitment hasn’t changed, our business has. What started in oil & gas has grown to include construction, wind, solar, and defense. So we believe it’s time our company’s name reflects that evolution. We’re excited to announce that RigUp is now Workrise— a full-stack workforce provider, powered by technology specifically built for the diverse industries we serve.