Senior Technical Writer - Content Designer at Khoros
At Khoros, our passion is to help the world’s best brands create customers for life. We build products we’re proud of, and we’re passionate about customer success. As part of the Vista Equity family, you’ll receive best in class development opportunities and the ability to work with customers like Samsung, HP, Sony and Visa.
The Khoros engagement platform comprises Online Community, Social Media Management and Messaging products for social customer service, social support and social media marketing teams to listen, respond and act on customer conversations – creating deep relationships and fostering brand loyalty and advocacy.
The Senior Content Designer is responsible for the development and curation of technical content for our products and support knowledge base articles, as well as leading significant projects for the Product Content Experience team. You will document new products and features from scratch, as well as edit and reorganize existing content.
This role functions as a product subject matter expert, customer advocate, and content specialist. Senior Content Designers contribute to larger projects and conversations around process improvement, operational efficiency, and the creation of a world-class customer experience while balancing the daily demands of document creation in support of an agile product roadmap and robust existing catalogue of material.
- Drives documentation planning with Product teams, creating documentation plans and technical documents for new software features that address real-world customer personas and use cases.
- Scopes, plans, and communicates estimates for incoming requests and competing demands.
- Works with the team to ensure that all customer-facing UI text strings are clear, grammatically correct, accurate, and written in simple English.
- Participates in our customer community to help build tribal knowledge, identify and cultivate best practices, and generally help deliver a superior social customer experience.
- Monitors and improves search relevancy of our knowledgebase, adhering to taxonomy best practices and creating new content or content requests as needed.
- Mentors and leads more junior writers through complex projects.
- Edits contributor content to Help Center and coaches contributors to improve process, quality, and consistency of output.
- Provides recommendations on the best content types and approaches in support of varying customer and market needs.
- Defines and reports on operational metrics for the technical writing team.
- Contributes to definition, and execution, of cross-company content strategy.
- 5+ years of experience writing documentation for technical and end-user audiences
- Ability to provide content samples across a variety of subject matter and styles
- Has expertise with project management principles and best practices
- Has expertise with industry standard writing paradigms
- Has expertise with technical writing and content strategy best practices
- Proficient with HTML and CSS
- Maintains productivity and high-performance levels under pressure